Complaint Review: ProConcessions - Tony Ponder CEO

• Submitted: Tue, October 02, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, November 01, 2012

• Reported By: Adele — Mebane North Carolina United States of America
ProConcessions - Tony Ponder CEO
3740 Washington Rd. Martinez, Ga 30907 Wrenn, Augusta, Martinez, Georgia United States of America

ProConcessions - Tony Ponder CEO I'm sure they are using AKA's, I just do not know what they are. ProConcession would not honor bid I won on ebay. Wrenn, Augusta, Martinez, Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Proconcessions Rip Off

*Consumer Comment: The truth is not slander

*Consumer Comment: So..

*Consumer Suggestion: Over All Picture

*Consumer Comment: Not an unusual issue

ProConcessions placed a brand new mobile food unit for sale on ebay. I bid on it and won the bid on Thurs 9/27/12. Ebay sent me a confirmation email with instructions to contact Monica Brown at ProConcessions to finalize the purchase.

I immediately called and spoke with Monica Brown. I was told I needed to pay 50% down and the other 50% upon completion of the unit. Ms. Brown said she would call me back regarding a day and time to for me to drive down. I left both my home and cell numbers.

She did not call back.

I called Mon morning and spoke with Norma. Norma said everyone was in a meeting and she would have someone get back to me.

That night I received an email from Tony Ponder, CEO, stating they could not sell me the unit for the bid amount because it did not reach their reserve amount.

I called ebay and was told ProConcession did not list a reserve amount. I filed a complaint with ebay.

I emailed Tony Ponder back and told him there was no reserve amount listed and that they should do the right thing and sell me the unit for the amount agreed upon. So far I have not heard back from ProConcessions.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2012 07:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ProConcessions-Tony-Ponder-CEO/Wrenn-Augusta-Martinez-Georgia-/ProConcessions-Tony-Ponder-CEO-Im-sure-they-are-using-AKAs-I-just-do-not-know-what-th-949597. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ProConcessions - Tony Ponder CEO

Proconcessions Rip Off

AUTHOR: Tom - ()

I ordered a mobile kitchen and paid for it!  I still haven't received the unit and am now in the process of suing this company.  Fraud, Liars, and could go on and on.  There web site states that they can produce in two weeks with in stock trailers, but of course it's not the case.  It's been several months.  Do not do business with this bogus company. Just waiting for the Attorney General to shut them down and seize all personal and business property. Karma

The truth is not slander

AUTHOR: richard - (United States of America)

You should really think about things before you type up a pretty pathetic speech like that. The one thing you represent: all of the problems on ebay.

So..

AUTHOR: Steven - (U.S.A.)

I'm trying to figure out where the slander is in this. Is your customer slandering your company by saying that your company refused to live up to your end of the deal by not selling your item to him at the end of the auction? If you're telling the truth... its not slander. You are a real piece of work from company you represent and its probably a good thing the buyer didn't get it... by the way it sounds you probably would have screwed him over.

#4 Consumer Suggestion

Over All Picture

AUTHOR: Tim - (United States of America)

These company's have their own guidelines. It's no different from going into Wal-Mart or any store thinking that an item is on sale when it isn't. You pick up an item from a sales rack thinking that it is on sale, but when you get to the register it's not. The item was simply placed on the wrong rack. Do you argue with the sales rep that they are suppose to honor it? No, that's not the case. Majority of the customers can respect that, so they do one of two options, they leave that item or they purchase the item for the price that it is. You can't just go around slandering these companies names because you think things are suppose to go your way. What if someone put you company's name or your name on something as ridiculous as RIPOFF Report? Wake up people! These things are not going to make these company's feel obligated to what you want. They are not going to lose. You should be more wiser and intelligent than this America.

This company has not collected one dime from this costumer, yet they feel the need to slander this company's name. By the way, If I was Mr. Ponder I would get an attorney and sue for slandering my name. Which is legal to do!!! It's always two sides to every story. By reading the post, it looks like the company was honest by explaining themselves and they probably even apologized to this person. Be more smarter than this America if a company is willing to be honest with you!!!!

You can't make a company cut their loses, and you can't just go around slandering people's name. You also have to be careful. The individuals only need your name and small information to press charges for slander, It's illegal.

Not an unusual issue

AUTHOR: richard - (United States of America)

Beleive it or not.....this happens a lot. Sellers who do not get what they expect will back. Sellers know that putting a reserve on an auction can decrease the bids but a no reserve auction generates more temptation. The downside is that sellers will not part ways with the item if they feel that are giving an investment away and ebay has a very low enforcement rate on this issue.