Complaint Review: Product Test Panel - Consumer Research Corporation

• Submitted: Tue, December 11, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, December 11, 2007

• Reported By:Fayetteville North Carolina
Product Test Panel - Consumer Research Corporation
3830 Forest Drive, St 207 Columbia, South Carolina U.S.A.

Product Test Panel - Consumer Research Corporation Purchased items from various companies in tier-like levels to get a Nintendo Wii, Sony Cybershot Camera, Ipod 8gig Nano, or Laptop Columbia South Carolina

I received an email in my yahoo mailbox for a free Sony Cybershot Digital Camera. I was reluctant but out of curiosity I gave it a try. One link led to another and another to get a free Nintendo Wii with 15 free games, a Sony Vaio laptop, a 3rd generation 8gig Ipod nano, that I was eligable to "win" if I just purchased one more item from another tier.

All in all I ended up purchasing 2 different Dermitage face kits, A Triclear acne kit (I'm almost 50 years old. I do not have acne), Membership to Netflix, approval on another Discover card, having it activated and making a purchase, 12in1 Multivitamins, Video Professor for Adobe Photoshop 7, 8 free Entertainment Weekly magazines with opportunity to purchase (I cancelled after the 6th magazine), Puritan's Pride catalog sent to my house, Hope Depot Garden shop stuff sent to my house and emailed to me plus a few other emails and the endless spam I receive now for signing up for this.

Now when I go to ProductTestPanel.com and check my status, out of the countless items I purchased the last time (at least 7+ items) they say I have only completed 3 and qualify for a $50.00 gift card only and my offer checklist does not show all of the items i ended up purchasing:

Action Points Required: 6

2. Top Offers Group: 1
3. Prime Offers Group: 1
4. Premium Offers Group: 0
5. Plus 1 Bonus: Completed

This is the biggest ripoff there is on the internet. After checking out what all I would have to purchase including a 500+ vacation somewhere there's no way anyone go through all this mess if this company explained what all is involved and everything that needs to be purchased in order to receive these "gifts". It would be cheaper just to buy the camera, the nintendo and all the games from a Dept store.

Sylvias
Fayetteville, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/11/2007 10:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Product-Test-Panel-Consumer-Research-Corporation/Columbia-South-Carolina-29204/Product-Test-Panel-Consumer-Research-Corporation-Purchased-items-from-various-companies-290833. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Product Test Panel - Consumer Research Corporation