efficient

• Submitted: Tue, December 28, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, December 28, 2010

• Reported By: swright2 — bakersfield California United States of America
professional collection consultants
6700 south centinela ave , 3rd floor culver city, California United States of America

professional collection consultants PCC Fair Debt Collection and Clifornia collection law violations, unscupulous business tactics, illegal collection tactics culver city, California

*Consumer Suggestion: Stay off the phone! Do EVERYTHING in writing via Certified Mail/RR

I was contacted early this year (2010) for an outstanding credit card bill. I instructed the individual to send me whatever they had for information so I could respond as I had (4) credit cards with that same bank. I also told the rep I was disputing the account.

I never received anything from the company until I was notified by my employer I was being sued in Sept 2010. My employer was served the legal filings for the court lawsuit after no further attempts to collect or contact me regarding this account.

I located a credit bureau printout of my credit and I saw PCC had made a credit file for a collection account from the bank card they were trying to collect from in March 2010. After I spoke to the rep from PCC and verbally disputed the account, PCC updated my credit file as disputed in May 2010. Yet they never sent me the paperwork so I could dispute the credit account in writing.

I filed my court response papers and further did some more investigative actions into this account. I received a collection letter from this company after they received the court repsonse filings from me. I called the attorney contact number for the company that was placed on the court filings.

I received a return call from what ended up being the collection company and not the attorney.I was intentionally misled into believing I was speaking to an attorney or someone from the attorney's office.

I filed a complaint with the BB of Los Angeles. I located the number I called on the BBB website for the attorney for PCC. Turns out the number belongs to PCC and is listed as a fax number owned by PCC. So they have filed fraudulent court papers intentionally misleading consumers into hoping this lawsuit will go away with a settlement.

I believe this company has violated so many of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act laws and California Collection laws along with court procedures along with fraud that this is nolonger an attempt to collect a debt; It has elevated to the level of extortion. Willful and intentional violations of the law with representation to make it go away if we just settle while filing fraudulent court papers, and attempting to collect after court suit has been filed elevate this claim.

I cannot wait to file countersuit after my dispute with the Credit Card company is returned.Maybe I should get a lawyer instead of doing this pro-per.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2010 03:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/professional-collection-consultants/culver-city-California-90230/professional-collection-consultants-PCC-Fair-Debt-Collection-and-Clifornia-collection-law-676076. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on professional collection consultants

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Stay off the phone! Do EVERYTHING in writing via Certified Mail/RR

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

This is just another example of why you NEVER speak to any third party debt collector on the phone!! STAY OFF THE PHONE!! Speaking to ANY third party collector will ALWAYS hurt you. As you have found out.

Speaking to a collector is SO dangerous, as you unknowingly give up valuable information. They are on a fishing expedition. That is why they call you. If they had everything they needed, they would not call. Common sense, right?

Communicate ONLY in writing and ONLY by certified mail, return reciept requested. Be sure to put the certified# on the body of the letter itself, and keep a copy for your records as this proves exactly what you sent. And, NEVER sign ANYTHING you send to a collector, as your signature could end up on a "contract". Not uncommon.

The collection agency violated both state and federal laws by sending information on your debt to your employer. That is a guaranteed win if you sue.

File a Bar Association against any lawyers involved for the breach of ethics, and violation of various laws. Do this right away.

By the means above, respond to the lawsuit. Do this right away as time is limited to do so. Probably too late now as you mentioned Sept 2010, right?

Forget the BBB. That is just stupid to even mention the BBB. They are a totally corrupt and useless organization and they have absolutely no power to do anything. Don't waste your time.

Also keep in mind that filing false documents with the court is a felony.

Go see your ADA, and seek criminal prosecution.