Complaint Review: Progress Mobility

• Updated: Wed, January 01, 2014

• Reported By: Mark — Saint Louis Missouri
Progress Mobility
9310 W Hwy 192 Clermont, Florida USA

Progress Mobility LLC When canceling order after 2 hours told 25% will be deducted from credit. Clermont Florida

From the moment I entered their web site I was presented with a popup of a chat box and a salesman trying to engage me in conversation.  Any time I would pause to read anything the chat box would beep and they would ask what they could help me with next.  They had a reasonable price on a mobility scooter and I placed an order.  Within 90 minutes I had emailed them to cancel it.  When I got no response I went back to their web site and of course the chat box popped up out of no where and I told them I needed to cancel the order.  They informed me that "That scooter was picked and dispatched at 6.35. We can cancel the order, but it will be liable to the terms and conditions that you agreed to, when you ordered it. There is a 25% RESTOCK charge.  "  Since I was told that they would not even have the tracking number for me until 3 days later and I had placed the order in the evening I found it hard to believe that it had shipped.  When I questioned them about that I was told "Yes.. we can cancel but like I said.. it is liable to the 25% as the order has already been shipped. Shall I cancel for you... and have the 75% refunded?"  I told them to cancel the order and that I would handle this matter through the dispute process with PayPal my method of payment.

The Progress Mobility sales person told me this product was direct shipped from the manufacturer when I asked questions while looking at the prodcut.  The effort required to cancel an order after two hours would seem to be to transmit a cancellation to the manufacturer if the previous order had already been transmitted.

The unrequested popups on their website to engage people in chat with the salesman along with their strong arm tactics used when someone desires to cancel an order previously placed make me very uncomfortable.  I found it interesting that the bottom of their order confirmation email stated the following "You agree to the terms and conditions set forth on www.ProgressMobility.com, and if you have any concerns or disagree with terms and conditions, you should contact us in writing, within 24 hours of receipt of this paid invoice."  Since I was contacting them after 2 hours I expected no problems.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/01/2014 06:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Progress-Mobility/Clermont-Florida-34714/Progress-Mobility-LLC-When-canceling-order-after-2-hours-told-25-will-be-deducted-from-c-1112161. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Progress Mobility