Complaint Review: progressive auto insurance

• Updated: Sun, December 02, 2012

• Reported By: unabletogive — springgfield Oregon United States of America
progressive auto insurance

progressive auto insurance progressive Progressive Insurance, Internet

As a newly single-mom.  No accidents in more than 10 yrs and none that I was ever at fault for.  No tickets in the past 14 yrs.  It was great ditching my exes issues after the divorce.  My rate was sweet at $69/mo.  At the first six month renewal, it went up to $79.   I didn't pay much attention, but then at the next sex month renewal it went up to $83.  I have a 2007 kia rio...nothing fancy.  I had a glass claim last year.  My ex, however, had an auto claim for, as I recall, $2k-ish.  He was at fault per progressive...he opened his door in a parking lot at 7-11 and another progressive driver ran into it (most companies fault the driver that ran into the parked car...just thought i'd point that out).  When my rate went up to $83, I went into my online account.  I bounced around here and there and somehow I noticed the last 4 digits of my supposed driver's license...5030.

That's my ex's!  I've been with Progressive for 7-8 yrs and they had my driver's license wron?  No wonder my rates are going up.  Then I noticed they were stating I've only been with them a year.  WOW!  I've been with them for over 7 yrs, but when I was divorced, they reset it.  I guess my ex (who wisely switched to geico) is the one getting credit for all those loyalty years!  I promptly called.  I was assured it would all be taken care of.  I switched to geico tonight because after a couple of weeks, it wasn't taken care of.  My driver's license on the polcy still shows 5030 and no credits were made.  I was still paying $83/mo, every month.  I just paid $111 for my first month with (((competitor's name redacted))).  My 2nd and 3rd month is $88 and that's all that's needed for a 6 mo policy.  AND...my coverage is much better.  Check them out!  And no, i'm not a (((redacted))) employee.  This is my very first ever rip-off report and I feel ripped off!  buh-bye flo!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/02/2012 03:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/progressive-auto-insurance/internet/progressive-auto-insurance-progressive-Progressive-Insurance-Internet-976834. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on progressive auto insurance