• Report: #672025

Progressive Business Publications Telemarketing Meadville, Pennsylvania

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Finally someone sees the truth

*UPDATE Employee: Sorry to hear

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I concur

I've worked in the Meadville office for a little over a year now.  Right before Thanksgiving we were having a meeting w/ our branch manager Jennifer Maziarz.  A man came into the office, asking for an application.  To say the least, Jen was so rude, I felt completely embarassed to be sitting in her office.  He was trying to explain that he had already filled out an application and had been hired back in April or May 2010, but ended up moving out of state & didn't take the position.  She didn't even want to hear him.  She snapped his head off, handed him a business card & asked him to leave her office, call her & she would speak to him when it was more convient for her, that's how things are done in her office.

The man was disgruntled, but took the card anyway and left.  A few moments later, another empolyee came in and asked Jen what had happened, the guy walked out of the office, ripped up the card & called her a crazy bi*ch.  Jen took it upon herself to leave the office & go out into the parking lot & start screaming obsceneties at the man.  Not very professional when she's supposed to be the manager representing a multi-million dollar company.

The gentleman came back while she was screaming at him, calling him all kinds of names that I won't publish here.  He confronted her about her abnormal behavior, that he was just looking for a job.  He ended up losing his temper finally and told her he was gonna blow her head off.  She responded by telling him she was going to call the police and have him arrested for threatening her.  Well, the whole situation could of been avoided, we think, had her behavior and attitude been different.

Our corporate office is in Malvern, PA, quite a distance from our branch location.  They have not a clue what happens in our office.  The drug use from empolyees and managers is horrible.  Jen is always harping on the employees about making her hours, yet she has barely put in a 40 hour week in the last 6-8 months.  She leaves early, by lunchtime, comes in late, calls off work constantly.  Then she's in a horrid mood when she comes back to work.  We suspect she's using drugs because of her mood swings.  As the manager, she should lead by example.

The retention in our office is horrible.  We can't keep employees there at all.  A lot of it has to do with the management team.  Office morale is at an all time low, and there's no motivation.  Not to mention the fact that when Jen has office meetings, it's hard to believe her to be credible, when she tells you that she was on the phone for 3 years doing her job, when in fact the office is a little over 5 years old, and she's been the branch manager for 5 years of it.

Hopefully someone will read this and will investigate the managers of our office.  I know everyone wants to say something, but are afraid of losing their job because of it.  I'm currently looking for a position elsewhere, it's a long drive for me anyway, but at least it's a job.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/15/2010 09:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Progressive-Business-Publications/Meadville-Pennsylvania-16335/Progressive-Business-Publications-Telemarketing-Meadville-Pennsylvania-672025. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Progressive Business Publications

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Finally someone sees the truth

AUTHOR: anonymous - (United States of America)

I worked at PBP for a year in Meadville, PA.  Jen was not business like at all.  She has problems with everyone, nobody is good enough.

The one thing I found strange is the fact that she seems the nicest to the most unreliable people, and the ones clearly using drugs.  In the Meadville office right now I know of at least one person that takes their lunch break and goes to shoot up drugs in their veins.

There were many times that passing of pills in the business has been spotted.  I'm not gonna give names, but I find it Very important that if you want a business ran professionally than you do not want drug addict working or running it.  There needs to be urine tests.

These people have access to all business's.  They call seriously professional people.  They need to be professional about it!  Please someone do something about it.  We cant let a bunch of junkies that cant get jobs anywhere else because they are addicts keep having that one place to fall back on.  There needs to be some action.

Sorry to hear

AUTHOR: Pbpjoke - (United States of America)

I thought the bucks county offices were bad wow!

I work there and we have nonstop sexual harassment. The branch manager Andrea clymire is sleeping with the makeshift the office and heat son her husband. She is ugly as hell so I just don't get it.

We think she is doing cocaine in the bathroom as well as heroin, just disgusting.

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

I concur

AUTHOR: barrysanders20 - (United States of America)

Great report. I'm sure the events you have described not only occur at the Meadville office but ALL of the 13 PBP offices in the Northeast. We have to remember ONE THING when dealing with PBP. THEY HAVE MORE MONEY THAN THEY KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH. That is simply the reason unprofessional business practices occur at their offices EVERY SINGLE DAY. As a matter of fact, MONEY was the main reason their president Ed Satell won a lawsuit that had to deal with the recording of phone calls. Many executives were burned by PBP's phone tactics. Therefore suing the company for an extensive amount of money. The reason for the lawsuit you ask? Many were outraged at the fact their conversations were supposedly being "recorded without ever asking persmission." When the lawsuit went to court Ed Satell won. The reason he won = MONEY!! They are untouchable!

I really encourage the Ripoff report to investigate PBP to the fullest and SHUT THIS COMPANY DOWN once and for all.  Progressive Business has a vast array of very valuable products that really help executives do their jobs better. However, their business practices really need to be examined and modified. Read the posts on the internet and formulate your own opinion.

Thanks,