Complaint Review: Progressive Insurance

• Submitted: Thu, November 06, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, November 06, 2003

• Reported By: Michigan
Progressive Insurance
Post Office Box 7247-0311 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Progressive Insurance lying, cheating, ripoff artists who don't give a dam about customers. Philadelphia Pennsylvania

Progressive, requesting information about my previous policy, stating that failure to comply would result in higher insurance rates than originally quoted; I complied. I subsequently received a second notice from Progressive, requesting the same information; again I complied.

A third notification from Progressive informed me that since I had not complied with their requests, they were raising my insurance rates. I then contacted my credit union, after becoming aware that they offered this service, obtained a group rate quote from them, which was substantially lower than either of the Progressive rates, so I switched over to the new insurance carrier, through my credit union, with the policy to be effective on 7/31/2003, notified Progressive of the cancellation, and subsequently received a bill in the amount of $80.24.

The original quote that I received from Progressive was for $592.50. I was only insured with progressive from 6/1/2003 through 7/31/2003, and during that time, I paid them $284.36. If anything, Progressive Insurance company owes me a refund.

I sent a written reply to Progressive, on three occasions, documenting the above information. I have never received a reply from them. I am now receiving harassing telephone calls from NCO Financial, a collection agency utilized by Progressive, attempting to collect the $80.24 amount from me. A representative from NCO informed me that I was lucky Progressive was not making me pay the full balance on the policy, since I had agreed to stay with them (Progressive) for the entire six month term, without switching, which I never agreed to, nor did I sign anything to that effect.

Pamela s.
Allen Park, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/06/2003 02:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Progressive-Insurance/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-19170-0001/Progressive-Insurance-lying-cheating-ripoff-artists-who-dont-give-a-dam-about-customers-71182. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Progressive Insurance