midnight

• Updated: Mon, April 22, 2013

• Reported By: Norma J — HARLINGEN Texas
PRONTO INSURANCE/BROWNSVILLE TEXAS
PO BOX DRAWER 3257 BROWNSVILLE, Texas United States of America

PRONTO INSURANCE/BROWNSVILLE TEXAS ALEX LONGORIA, ADJUSTER HOW INSURANCES GET AWAY WITH NOT PAYING SUCH AS PLACING CLAUSES? BROWNSVILLE, Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: Want to help

I had an accident 04/11/2013 with a driver who was driving someone else's car.  The driver gave the insurance to the police officer as did I.  We both have Old American County Mutual fire Insurance Company.  The lady was too busy cleaning out the car instead of calling the police.  I got off my car and preceded to call 911.

There were no injuries.  The driver of that car like I said gave the insurance info of the owner of the car.  Now pronto does not want to pay because the owner of the car informed him that the car was sold (the day before) to the driver.  My thing is (what a coincidence the day before).  I had to call the adjuster because no one had bothered to call me.  When I called the adjuster Alex Longoria, he immediately stated (your claim is denied) I said, What, wait a minute (What a coincidence that it was sold the day before the accident).  He stated we have a clause that states if the car is sold the policy of the individaul is cancelled.  IF so, why didnt the driver inform the police officer that the car had been sold to her by her sister-in-law, because the driver did not have a license and had a warrant for arrest.

I was so angry that I stated ok, she sold it to her, where is the bill of sale, he kept quite,  then I said (I know what it is, the company does not want to pay claims and that is how they get out of it, with all the clauses).  I said to me it sounds like Insurance Fraud.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/22/2013 04:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PRONTO-INSURANCEBROWNSVILLE-TEXAS/BROWNSVILLE-Texas-78523/PRONTO-INSURANCEBROWNSVILLE-TEXAS-ALEX-LONGORIA-ADJUSTER-HOW-INSURANCES-GET-AWAY-WITH-NO-1045320. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PRONTO INSURANCE/BROWNSVILLE TEXAS

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Want to help

AUTHOR: Pronto Insurance - ()

We regret your recent negative experience with Pronto Insurance and would like you to know that we take all input seriously. I want to help, but to do it, I need specific information about your case, like policy number and claim number. Please call me. My number is: 1-855-200-4567. Alfredo Gomez, Customer Experience Manager. Pronto Insurance.