Complaint Review: PROTECT AMERICA

• Updated: Fri, March 18, 2011

• Reported By: Jamie — Lebanon Missouri United States of America
PROTECT AMERICA
round rock, Texas United States of America

PROTECT AMERICA PROTECT AMERICA, LLC terrible product, defective system, fruadulant sales practice round rock, Texas

This is one of the worst, most deceptive, and fraudulant companies I have came in contact with in a long time. I am unsure of how they are still allowed to conduct business by the attorney general. It started with a simple website inquiry, I then got pressured, and stalked into buying the service like I was buying a used car. I explain that its a new house, and there is no internet, and to not send the system out yet since if I do not have the system activated I am charged $295 within 21 days. I let them know I cannot get internet out there that quickly. Next thing I know the system shows up within 3 days. My monitoring rate is an outrageous $40, nearly double of what I am used to paying for security monitoring. After we recieve teh system we get stalked by the installation dept calling up to 8 times a day sometimes. Apparently they cannot read or write at this company as no one can take notes that there was no internet yet. After I wasted 2.5 hours on the phone with the install tech installing this system, I realize there is no glass breakage sensors. their idea of "window sensors" are ones that actually monitor the opening and closing of windows. I don't have the stats, but if I were to guess, the amount of burglaries that actually occured by this method would be under 1%. I then complain about the entire horrid process on the website. It prompts calls from a completley unhelpful, rude, "customer resolution department". I even give them options. Either give me some glass breakage sensors like any real security system has, or cancel this. They try and tell me I have a three year non-cancellable agreement! I will gladly notify my bank to not authorize any more deductions from this POS company. I then get zero calls from the supervisor, or any real offers to resolve this issue. I hate this company, and would urge everyone to stay away from these scams.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2011 04:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PROTECT-AMERICA/round-rock-Texas-/PROTECT-AMERICA-PROTECT-AMERICA-LLC-terrible-product-defective-system-fruadulant-sales-707868. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PROTECT AMERICA