• Report: #1092018

• Updated: Tue, October 15, 2013

• Reported By: Monica Bentley Cruz — Charlotte North Carolina
Protravel Connections
120 Pinnacle Place, suite j, Little River, South Carolina USA

Protravel Connections Scams, Unfair Business Practices, Fraud Little River South Carolina

I paid for a reservation to see a timeshare. My family of 5 went to the timeshare location and there was no reservation for me once we arrived. On Oct 7th,2013 I purchased a 3day/2night timeshare vacation to Myrtle Beach, SC for Oct 11th-Oct 13th, 2013 through Protravel Connections. The vacation was to include a $125 Dinner Certificate as well.

On Oct 9th, I called to inquire about their cancellation policy. I spoke with a David who informed me that if I cancelled the reservation within a 3 day time span that the credit card on file will be charged an additional $75. I told David that is ok and hung up the phone.

The next day Oct 11th, per the confirmation email that was sent, I called the designated telephone # messaging service to inform the agency that I would be arriving late on Friday evening. My husband, 3 children (one of which is 3yrs old) and I (at 34 weeks pregnant drove 4 1/2 hrs down to Myrtle Beach to find that there was no late arrival packet for us. I called several telephone #s to try to get some assistance, but only was able to leave voicemails. When I spoke to security and the receptionist on the Bluegreen Resort Tour site, I was informed that I had no reservation at any of the BLUEGREEN RESORTS!!No accomadations were offered of any kind even after showing the reservation confirmation emails to service desk.

My family and I was forced to drive all the way home because we did not prepare to have to spend an additional $200 for another hotel room. I left several messages on Saturday and Sunday about this dilemma.

On Monday afternoon, I receive a phone call from David again who started off the conversation off very nastily. He told me that he cancelled the reservation on Thursday after I had given him the ok. I informed him that I didn't cancel the reservation, and that I was just inquiring and that I want a complete refund of my money. He argued that I did. I asked if he had received any of the messages I left the following Friday, Saturday and Sunday. He said no. Then I asked him if I cancelled the reservation, then why didn't his company charge me the $75 cancellation fee that he had 'warned' me about. At which point he hung up.

This was my first time ever trying a timeshare vacation and sadly it was the worse experience I have ever had. I didn't even get to experience the resort at all. My children were highly disappointed and I am not sure when I will be able to go on vacation again. All in all Protravel Connections is a huge disappointment.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2013 06:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Protravel-Connections/Little-River-South-Carolina-29566/Protravel-Connections-Scams-Unfair-Business-Practices-Fraud-Little-River-South-Carolina-1092018. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Protravel Connections