Complaint Review: Provident Moving

• Updated: Fri, August 16, 2013

• Reported By: Paula — Branchburg New Jersey
Provident Moving
4-22 Banta Place, Fairlawn NJ 07410 Fairlawn, New Jersey USA

Provident Moving I contacted Provident Moving to give me an estimate on my move. Fairlawn New Jersey

*Author of original report: Satisfied with Provident Movers

We used provident moving for our recent move. John the owner originally came and gave me an estimate and stated it would not go over since I didn't have much to move.  On day of our move they charged us $1400.. Almost twice the price John had quoted me.  I then learned that they charged me all stupid little charges, including over $5.00 for each of THEIR blankets that were used to wrap my furniture in.  We paid what they requested.  We had stuff put into storage for a day and charged $250 for this which I was ok with even after John told me not to worry that he would hold stuff on truck for me and not charge me.  Once the stuff arrived at my new home they gave me a bill for a little over $1600!!!  We were appalled and paid since they would not release my stuff until we paid.

After everything was moved into my home more nightmares.  Furniture was broken, items were missing, hardwood floors scratched, pieced of furniture broke and left that way, the list goes on and on.  We called John to complain about the damage and he offered to come back and repair the damage.  On day of repair he said it would cost us $89 and hour for their time.  I was appalled that they were going to charge me for damages they did.  My husband called john and really gave it to him, which John then offered to not charge us.  THey arrived with the original guys who did the damage and did such bad patch up jobs to my furniture.  They had an attitude the whole time they were here.  As the weeks went by we found little things that they did to our stuff.  Screws stripped, more floors scratched ect.  They never found the pieces to my daughters trundle and the damage the did to her bed is unreal.  Im afraid her bed is going to collapse from not being put back together properly.  How they are still in business I don't know.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2013 08:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Provident-Moving/Fairlawn-New-Jersey-07410/Provident-Moving-I-contacted-Provident-Moving-to-give-me-an-estimate-on-my-move-Fairlawn-1076371. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Provident Moving

Satisfied with Provident Movers

AUTHOR: masigirl - ()

Provident Movers have done everything to satisfy my complaint against them and took care of the matter.  I am satisfied with everything,  I would recommend Provident Movers to friends/family in the future.