Complaint Review: providian medical equipment/ mike skok--managing member

• Submitted: Wed, February 26, 2014
  • Updated: Wed, February 26, 2014

• Reported By: 110,000 rip off — palm desert California
providian medical equipment/ mike skok--managing member
30510 lakeland blvd unit A willowick, Ohio USA

providian medical equipment/ mike skok--managing member 110 thousand rip off willowick Ohio

I  was contacted by Mike Skok, who stated he was the managing member of a 30 million dollar medical equipment company named providian medical.  He and I talked twice a day and he came across as knowledgeable and attentive.  As an orthopedic surgeon, I have extensive imaging needs.  I decided to purchase two refurbished 9800 OEC C arms with 6 month warranties on each for a total price of 110,000.  27,500 was placed on a credit card and the remainder was sent via check before the end of fiscal 2013 around december 30, 2013.  The purchase price included all shipping, 6 month warranties, and ancillary equipment such as lead aprons.  We agreed that shipping would commence after the check cleared.  I waited two weeks and got an email from Mike Skok that shipping was being arranged.  I waited two more weeks and, after leaving numerous messages, was told the units were arriving on a particular date by the end of January 2014.  Because Mike Skok never returned calls, I was passed off to another manager named Tom Heckman who reassured me and supposedly gave me his cell number(440-522-1699). The date came and passed.  Tom Heckman has never picked up the phone nor returned one message.  I called the company every day leading up to the delivery date and none of my messages were returned from the Ohio corporate office.

I became more suspicious when Ryan, a third manager, refused to give me the supposed truck driver's full name and number. More weeks passed with lots of unreturned calls placed by me.  Finally, a supposed "truck driver"  named Matt Merriman called from a hidden number and said he had truck problems and that he was in St. George, Utah and that he would be calling me in the next hour or so for delivey on Feb 24 2014 at 3 pm.  I insisted on a phone number and he gave me a number --440-796-2466.  The delivery date came and went and I have called that number given to me by the truck driver 8x a day for the past week.  It is Feb 26, 2014 and I have NO equipment that I paid for and NO communications from the company or its representatives.  Routinely, I am kept on hold for 20 to 30 minutes each time I contact them while the providian medical team "tries to help" me.  I have emailed Mike Skok and asked for courtesy, communication, and finally a resolution.

I have already started the process of initiating civil and criminal  complaints on numerous fronts.  They may have ripped me off for now.  We will see what happens....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/26/2014 08:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/providian-medical-equipment-mike-skok-managing-member/willowick-Ohio-44095/providian-medical-equipment-mike-skok-managing-member-110-thousand-rip-off-willowick-Oh-1126857. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on providian medical equipment/ mike skok--managing member