Complaint Review: Public Auto Sales

• Updated: Thu, May 08, 2014

• Reported By: Mike — GARLAND Texas
Public Auto Sales
925 S Buckner lvd Dallas, Texas USA

Public Auto Sales Deals & Wheels Unethical and Illgal business practices Dallas Texas

*Author of original report: More info.

*General Comment: I have to clear something up

*Consumer Comment: Here's a little more brief version of your report..

These guys are crooks. They sold me a car that won't pass inspection and won't take responsibility. They botched some wiring repairs that are now fire hazards. They claim to report good credit monthly, but only report regularly if you are behind. I got 15 days behind on my payments and they illegally charged my bank account to get their money and called me a "deadbeat".

I lost my job and contacted them immediately, long before I ever fell behind on my payments. They said it would be fine as long as I stayed in contact, made regular payments and didn't get more than one payment behind. I kept my end of this and every other payment arrangement I ever made with them.

Four weeks ago, I attempted to make one payment and they charged me for two without my consent. They voided the transaction after over an hour of argument about the legality of what they had done, but refused to take another one for three days and told me I would owe a late fee on that date.

Two days ago, I attempted to make a payment and they refused to accept it. I owed a past due balance and one more payment that was not yet late. They refused to take anything less than the full amount of both payments plus a late fee that I don't owe, caled me a "deadbeat" and threatened to repo my car if I didn't pay up. I told "Mario" that I simply couldn't afford the amount. I reminded him that I was paying an amount that would make my account current to that date and he said "I don't care." I tried explaining to him that it was the first of the month and rent was due and I simply didn't have enough to pay more than the amount I had arranged to pay them 2 weeks prior. He said (and I quote DIRECTLY!) "You need to tell your landlord the rent is gonna' be late so you can pay me or we are coming to get the car." A little later in the conversation he said "It's not my fault you are a deadbeat and can't afford to pay your bills."

They have been calling and harrassing the people I used as personal references when I bought the car. They ask them to "update your address for our records" and become hostile if they refuse. They even told one of my references that they were driving by her house on a regular basis and wanted her to call them the next time I was there. One can imagine how creepy that was for her. She is my ex-girlfriend and we had not spoken in close to 2 years until this happened. She told them as much and asked them to take her name off their call list, but they kept calling. Another of my references got tired of their beligerence and hung up. They called back repeatedly for several minutes, hanging up as soon as it went to voicemail and quickly hitting the redial button.

These people are unethical and immoral and there is much, much more, but the full story is far too long to type here including at least 2 seperate actions that I believe could be prosecuted as fraud in a criminal court. If a lawyer were looking to start a class action suit, there are dozens of disgruntled customers that have posted reviews on the web. I have been afraid to do so to this point because I hear that they will illegally repo your car if you do. However, when Mario called me a "deabeat" (which is a violation of FEDERAL LAW!!!) that was the last straw. I would love to sue them for everything they are worth, but can't afford an attorney. If anyone reads this and would like to take my case pro bono or on contingency, please get in contact with me. I believe this site will facilitate that process,

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/06/2014 12:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Public-Auto-Sales/Dallas-Texas-75217/Public-Auto-Sales-Deals-Wheels-Unethical-and-Illgal-business-practices-Dallas-Texas-1136743. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Public Auto Sales

More info.

AUTHOR: Disgrutled Customer - ()

Have you heard of the fair debt collections practices act? You should read it. It is actually illegal to insult someone when u call to collect a debt. Also, once a payment arrangement is made it must be honored by both parties. The fraudulent activities I mentioned involve them setting up an online payment account with a 3rd party payment service without my consent, allowing that 3rd party service to store my card info, and setting it up to make automatic payments. They claim this service is not operational, but everytime I make a payment I recieve an email from the payment service. They also refuse to give me the login info I need to use the service on my own. This is wire fraud and could be defined as identity theft. Also, it is illegal in this state to knowingly sell a car thay will not pass an emissions inspection, or to sell one with an invalid sticker. It is also required by law that they provide the emissions report when they sell the car, which they refused to do when I asked for it. They know the sticker they slapped on the car in their detail bay is not valid and if there is actually an emissions report attached to it, it is not for my car. Any other questions?

#2 General Comment

I have to clear something up

AUTHOR: Richard - ()

it is NOT against federal law to call someone a deadbeat.  There has to be a lot more to this story, and i'll tell you why. I have to make these phone calls, and the last thing I want to do is insult someone who owes me. BUT after getting the run around over and over and over again, the glovees come off. Getting called a deadbeat would be mild.

Here's a little more brief version of your report..

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

You were late on numerous payments, but you always "made arrangements" to pay when you could. They are just trying to collect the money YOU agreed to pay them in the contract you signed.

"These people are unethical and immoral"  "..including at least 2 seperate actions that I believe could be prosecuted as fraud in a criminal court. If a lawyer were looking to start a class action suit, there are dozens of disgruntled customers that have posted reviews on the web. I have been afraid to do so to this point because I hear that they will illegally repo your car if you do. However, when Mario called me a "deabeat" (which is a violation of FEDERAL LAW!!!) that was the last straw. I would love to sue them for everything they are worth, but can't afford an attorney. If anyone reads this and would like to take my case pro bono or on contingency, please get in contact with me. I believe this site will facilitate that process,"

Are you planning to prosecute them for fraud because the are "unethical and immoral?"

Where did you "hear that they would "illegally" repo you if you post against them?

Which Federal Law did Mario violate by accurately calling you a "deadbeat?"  Please cite the SPECIFIC law you are referring to.  Good luck getting an attorney to do this without upfront money, you don't have a snowballs chance of prevailing in court.  In other words you have no case.

BTW, is your car still there?  You have posted against them and as "you've heard" they WILL repo you.  Better buy a bus pass.

They did NOT Rip YOU off..you did it.