Complaint Review: Public Service Electric and Gas (PSE&G)

• Submitted: Sun, August 29, 2010
  • Updated: Sun, August 29, 2010

• Reported By: Michele — Teaneck New Jersey USA
Public Service Electric and Gas (PSE&G)
PO BOX 14444 NEW BRUNSWICK, New Jersey United States of America

Public Service Electric and Gas (PSE&G) PSE&G Overinflated My Monthly Bills and Then Sent My Bill to a Collection Agency Ignoring My Efforts to Work Towards Mutual Resolution NEW BRUNSWICK, New Jersey

NOTE: I have filed a complaint against PSE&G with the Better Business Bureau and Consumer Affairs.  I welcome the media and attorneys to contact me because these unethical business practices designed to squeeze every last penny out of us that PSE&G gets away with MUST END NOW!  No other business would ever get away with such practices otherwise.

PSE&G uses unfair and discriminatory methods of billing and collection against me that are unethical, confusing and are designed to purposely collect the maximum amount of money from me.  Neither I nor my son have been living at the Teaneck residence since April 26, 2009, and no one has been using gas and electric.  PSE&G however kept inflating my monthly bills based as though we still lived there even after I told them repeatedly to stop charging me because no one was living there.  I kept my account active because I was going to move back in the near future.

PSE&G attempted to collect a $2,000 bill that was discharged by the bankruptcy by overcharging me monthly usage that in six months the extra charges would equal that $2,000 bill, and get away with it by claiming it was "new."

PSE&G clearly was not going to work with me but continue to charge me inflated usage estimates while denying me access to actual meter readings. I voluntarily had to close my account to prevent them from further overcharging me. Then, they never sent anyone to  get the final meter reading for my last bill on May 18, 2010.  I specifically instructed them to call me and that I'd be at the house within 30 minutes to let him in.  No one ever called, and PSE&G now justifies using their inflated estimates as the final bill because an actual meter reading done after May 18th would be inaccurate.  No, an actual meter reading even done now would still lower my bill.

I made every attempt to work with PSE&G even to set up a payment plan to pay off the bill in spite of my disagreement of it.  They accepted a $200 a month payment, however they already sent my account to collections and never told me.  They were going to still take $200 from me for free! THAT'S STEALING.  PSE&G are impossible to work with towards any resolution, and I tried for over a year only have them shut me out and throw my account into collections anyway.  I recalculated all my bills not  discharged or subject to my bankruptcy and using the May 2010 bill as a base because it was the only fair estimate of charges, what PSE&G owes me in a refund that is offset by the February 2010 through May 2010 unpaid bills is $833.08 to even it up.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2010 09:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Public-Service-Electric-and-Gas-PSEG/NEW-BRUNSWICK-New-Jersey-08906-4444/Public-Service-Electric-and-Gas-PSEG-PSEG-Overinflated-My-Monthly-Bills-and-Then-Sent-635551. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Public Service Electric and Gas (PSE&G)