Complaint Review: Public Storaage

• Reported By: Susan — Fairfax Station Virginia
Public Storaage
1510 Spring Hill Road McLean, Virginia USA

Public Storaage Fraud McLean Virginia

The Public Storage facility in McLean Virginia deliberately tried to defraud me of an additional month's rent when I cancelled my storage space.  I vacated on time and in accord with the rules, but when asked to refund the last month's rent, paid in advance, the manager refused.  I then contacted the company hotline in California.  They told me I was not entitled to a refund. Then I threatened to sue in small claims court and report them to the VA Dept of Consumer Affairs.  Magic!  Tonight they called and admitted they owe me one month's rent.

Do not use them.  They assess sudden rent increases with 5 days notice and then claim a $50 "late fee" if you didn't get their notice in time.  My rent went from $227 to $262 in 5 days!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2013 04:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Public-Storaage/McLean-Virginia-22102/Public-Storaage-Fraud-McLean-Virginia-1079940. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Public Storaage