Complaint Review: Public Storage

Public Storage
7112 S.Congress Ave. Austin, Texas USA

Public Storage BROKEN INTO AND WIPED OUT!!! Austin Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: legalities

I am a victim of theft and was totally wiped out, When I rented at Public Storage Febuary of 2012 they assured me they had survilliance, cameras, security and that someone was always there? They had no prior break ins ? Now after a incident of a break in on May 6th,2013 and only found out May 22nd 2013 when I arrived with a u-haul I rented a F-150 truck to pick up my toyhauler and arrive at Public Storage to load up for the ROT RALLY, I pulled in at 7:00 p.m. and there was a diffrent lock on my 10 x 20 storage? I called the number on the card as there was no emergency contact number on there buisness door.The message was left on voice mail as URGENT ! No call back? I left truck rental attached to toyhauler and left.

Following morning no call back? I arrived at 10:00 a.m. they open at 9:00 a.m. again no return call? Upon arrival and giving them my unit number they informed me that my storage was one of the ten that had been broken into on May 6th, 2013? I asked why they had not called me, they stated they left me on message,which was not true. My remark was "no you did not"my mother has been in critical condition and as her Durable and Medical Power of Attorney I do not ever shut my phone off and have my phone on me 24/7 !!! Now they inform me that they do not have survalliance cameras, security and find out that there have been many break ins? I asked what the point of entry was and they stated that fence was cut, but they had it fixed on May 6th 2013 again another lie. I walked around the entire perimiter and there was no new galvinized section installed any where? I am suspecting that this was a inside operation .

My storage was not covered with insurance, as they only offered 5,000 dollar coverage and was told that I could add a umbrella policy under my homeowners ? I do not own property in Austin as I was only here temporary due my mother illness. I was wiped out $30,000 wholesale of my entire leather store product Retail $70,000

I was never contacted by the detective at Austin Police Department , 3 weeks have gone by before I even found out about this theft and break in ? I want justice served in this matter ..... I am a Leathersmith and a vendor of leather product and am totally wiped out . It was my means of survival and my life savings that I worked for and saved for the last 10 years of my life. I am a student and recently recieved my diploma in Private Investigation and waiting to recieve my degree in Criminal Justice with hope to land a job as a Investigator for your office . I am presently serving as my own Detective and have information leading to this incident .... I am not getting any call back from the Detective on this case. I was told by APD that this was a cold cut case and I could serve as my own detective ? So I am but need cooperation .

Please contact me at (((ROR redacted)))

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/24/2013 08:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Public-Storage-/Austin-Texas-78745/Public-Storage-BROKEN-INTO-AND-WIPED-OUT-Austin-Texas-1053733. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Public Storage

#1 Consumer Suggestion

legalities

AUTHOR: Wyatt - ()

Hello "rage",

I can understand your fustration on this matter and the only suggestion I can give is to hold the storage facility accountable.  They typically are reuqired to have a few types of insurance on hand, one to protect the facility and its contents and another policy to protect its employees.

If they said it was under surveilance, had security staff and that someone was there 24/7, you need to find it in writing.    Heresay is not allowed.

Goodluck.