Complaint Review: Public Storage

• Updated: Tue, August 19, 2014

• Reported By: LoneStarSmiths — Wimberley Texas
Public Storage
8812 Park Meadows Dr Lone Tree, Colorado USA

Public Storage Unreasonable rate hike and awful telephone customer service Colorado

We have had a storage unit with Public Storage for 14 years. This month I get a notice that our rent is going up from $60 a month to $87.  I called the local agent, Julie, who said they don't have anything to do with it. Then I wait online for over 10 minutes to finally get a real person (Roberta) who tries to tell me that is only a 30% increase and because I can't remember the last 4 digits of my drivers's license from 14 years ago she really can't help me ( sorry 27/60= 45% increase over the $60!) and I should be happy about it being so low. We will be finding a better and more customer friendly spot ASAP.  I expected an increase, but if you received a 45% increase with any other bill, you'd look elsewhere, too. Too bad they didn't care about keeping a long time, consistently paying customer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2014 12:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Public-Storage/Lone-Tree-Colorado-80124/Public-Storage-Unreasonable-rate-hike-and-awful-telephone-customer-service-Colorado-1170811. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Public Storage