Complaint Review: PUBLIC STORAGE

• Updated: Tue, December 14, 2010

• Reported By: Desiree — Stockton California USA
PUBLIC STORAGE
8118 MARINERS DR STOCKTON, California United States of America

PUBLIC STORAGE MY UNIT WAS ROBBED, RANSACKED AND ITEMS BROKEN Stockton, California

*General Comment: Public Storage Insurance underwriters

*Consumer Comment: Public Storage In Henderson< Nevada

In April 2009 I rented a 10x20 unit at public storage. I ask about the security and was told was told the place was very secure, had cameras at the gate and laser beams that set off alarms.  On August 4th, 2009 I received a voicemail message from the manager who is in charge of the storage location 8118 Mariners Dr Stockton, CA 95219. Asking me if I had left the locks off my storage unit. Frantic! I called her back right away only to get the answering machine. I then contacted my boyfriend who also has access to the unit asking him to go to the unit and check the locks. Upset, I then left work and also went to the unit only to find my unit had been broken into robbed and ransacked. It appears two other units were broken into and robbed and ransacked along with mine. I then contacted the police right away and waited for them to show up. Now mind you the manager lives on site at this location. My boyfriend arrived prior to me and ask the manager when did this happen she told him she thinks Sunday then she tells me and the other victim she thinks Monday. When we ask about the cameras at the gate she stated they do not have cameras.

Well, I said to her you had them when I moved in, in which she denied saying, the other victim whos storage unit was next to mine stated she told him the same thing when he moved into his unit in July 2009. Too many conflicting stories from the manager who never once said she was sorry and did everything she could to avoid us very nervous behavior. The police arrived and ask the manager a few questions one of the questions was when did you notice the locks were missing? The manager stated around 11-11:30 am, she contacted me and the other victim around 4:00 pm. 5 hours later.  It was only obvious that the units were broken into they had sawed the piece apart that held one of my locks on and a few misc items were laying on the ground outside the unit! I had about 20,000 dollars worth of items that were taken from my unit. Fishing gear, tools, sony surround sound system, onkyo stereo system, 5 speakers one custom set, cd/dvd players, vcrs, my cd collection, vcr tapes and dvds, clock collection, baseball card collection, several home dcor items, Collector dolls, antique items ,clothes, purses, shoes and the list goes on. Needless to say I moved out what was left the the next day!!!!  I have every intention of filing a lawsuit against Public Storage Inc.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2009 12:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PUBLIC-STORAGE/STOCKTON-California-95219/PUBLIC-STORAGE-MY-UNIT-WAS-ROBBED-RANSACKED-AND-ITEMS-BROKEN-Stockton-California-483001. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PUBLIC STORAGE

#1 General Comment

Public Storage Insurance underwriters

AUTHOR: AMS - (United States of America)

To the person who had their insurance. Take a look and see and you will find that Public Storage is the underwriter of your policy. They do not show that up front, but it is there. They have been collecting insurance payments while denying claims at their facilities for bogus reasons. It is a scam, and I believe the Attorney Generals in some states are reviewing the situation.

Public Storage In Henderson< Nevada

AUTHOR: heidi - (United States of America)

I too was a victim of a robbery at Public Storage in Henderson,Nevada! I was called and told that I did not have a lock on my unit. Long story short. 71 units were broken into! The same guy went to 71 units and the management did not notice this? Some on? I think it was an inside job. The guy was prosecuted..And get this? He was a repeat offender or robbery!
I had insurance, paid an extra $20.00 a month for 8 months..They denied my claim because I did not have the lock! Turns out the guy was using blot cutters and placing hs own lock on the units! He obviously took the locks!

DO NOT RENT A UNIT AT PUBLIC STORAGE! It means just that.. "It is open to the public to TAKE whatever they want!