Complaint Review: Public Storage

• Reported By: Tina — Warren Michigan
Public Storage
24455 Schoennherr Road, Warren, MI 48089 Warren, Michigan USA

Public Storage Every Item in a 10X25 storage unit stolen Warren Michigan

On April 17, 2013, I rented a 10X25 storage unit from Public Storage, the unit was completed loaded with an enite 3 bedroom house.  On May 5, 2013 I received a call from Jennifer stating that during their lock check she noticed that my unit had no lock on it.  Upon arriving to the facility I found that my unit had been completed burglarized.  When I moved in the unit on April 17th there was no light bulb in the unit, whomever robbed me blind also installed a light bulb.  This was an extremly organized robbery.  I had over 40 large and extra large boxes, along wit computers, tv's, designer handbags, crystal, couches, dishes, a whole household of furniture.  Every single item, every single box was stolen.  We moved my items in with a 22 foot diesel truck and someone moved every item out.  I was told by public storage employees that no one can access the gate past 9pm.  They also stated there were no security cameras, however, when I used this facility several years ago they had camera.  I know with out a shadow of a doubt this was clearly an inside job.  How did someone have the time to carefully open and go through each box?  They left completely empty boxes.  How did they know that the owner of the property would not show up at some point while they were stealing all of my belongings.  They tell me that the only coverage I have is the 2K in insurance,  I had well over 40K in property.  This place has some inside shady business going on and I will be seeking legal damages.

Warren, MI

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2013 07:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Public-Storage/Warren-Michigan-48089/Public-Storage-Every-Item-in-a-10X25-storage-unit-stolen-Warren-Michigan-1048990. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Public Storage