Complaint Review: publicrecords.com

• Submitted: Fri, November 11, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, November 11, 2011

• Reported By: Ric — Arlington Texas USA

publicrecords.com publicrecordschecks.com slick-tricksters, partial-delivery-of-info, please-pay-more-otherwise, looks-very-ligit-too, Internet

E-Mail excerpt block of data from CLKBank.com:

(they handle the billing for the product - Personal Information) Website: publicrecords.com Product Title: VIP Pass One payment: $42.89 ClickBank order number: (whatever) Technical help: contact the vendor. Venodr E-Mail: support@publicrecordschecks.com

Does this block of E-Mail data look familiar to you?

They purport to be able to retrieve every piece of personal data about anyone from their huge database:

* names, addresses, previous addresses, telephone numbers, police records, court records, bankruptcy, organization affiliations, and more.

This online business is a real slick trickster indeed. Why? Because everything on the MAIN pages looks and even feels very secure and legitimate. I even read their long, detailed Terms and Conditions page. The real trick here centers around information you THINK you will be getting because they detail it BEFORE you buy. They even let you pull up a REAL sample (without the details though) and even boast about their comprehensive data gathering ability using a database that contains millions of records - all indexed - all available - all the time.

Buyer Beware!

AFTER YOU PAY, they tell you that ClickBank will be responsible for the billing. Ok. So...I have seen this before and it has always worked. The email came (see excerpt above). The info was OK. and all of the references and e-mail addresses were tested. Good I thought.

AFTER YOU PAY, they specifically stated that you will now have immediate access to their info.

So now I am excited and I login successfully. I plug in the data they request. (This page is a bit confusing and you do not quite know right away what to do next but hey, that's the internet right?)

When the next page displays your stomach starts to get a bit queezy. All you see is some basic information that you can get free on your own. The name is clickable. So I click on the name and the next page confirms my queeziness. It now says that, to get the PREMIUM INFORMATION, I can spend another $4 or so and get court records and more for the 4 days! :( If I want to, I can also let them charge me ON A MONTHLY BASIS for this information AUTOMATICALLY and that I can opt-out any time I want.

I think to myself that "I" must have done something wrong. So I logout and back in and start over. I read everything on every page and try several different approaches and still get nothing.

Now I am thinking that, even though I consider myself somewhat knowledgeable enough to see a ripoff coming, a ripoff is coming. It is here. I am thoroughly embarrassed. I am mad (that's puttin it mildly!). I have been screwed once again. I cannot get anyone on the phone. I cannot get responses to my emails. The CONTACT US is a big bogus. Now I am sure by the time I get any action on this the website will have disappeared and a new one will emerge somewhere with a different name but the same ripoff in different words. (Sorta makes you wanna move to Alberta Canada where life is like being in the late 1930's - nice and slow.) I think I finally know how some may have a valid reason for doing terrible things after experiencing this kind of blatant, dishonest, rude, despicable, hateful theft of the innocent poor slob who works hard for their money!

I for one am going to use this website (ripoffreport.com) FIRST.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/11/2011 08:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/publicrecordscom/internet/publicrecordscom-publicrecordscheckscom-slick-tricksters-partial-delivery-of-info-ple-797265. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on publicrecords.com