Complaint Review: publishamerica

• Updated: Fri, September 16, 2011

• Reported By: Darryl Owens — Minneapolis Minnesota United States of America
publishamerica
Fredrick, Maryland United States of America

publishamerica did not send me anything regarding sales of novel Fredrick, Maryland

My name is Darryl Owens from Minneapolis Minnesota. I am the author of novel that was published and released by publishamerica Janurary 3rd of 2011, the title of novel is titled Sworn not to betray. Published claims the royalty period ended in August, and all royalties and sales statements were mailed out August 31st. As of this date September 16th, I have not recieved any sales statements or royalties for above mentioned novel. I know the book made sales the main Library and several other libraries in my home town of Cincinnati Ohio purchased copies of my novel. which can be found on worldcat.org. I have friends who have purchased my novel here in Minnesota and in my hometown of Cincinnati... A mr Bob Spinner purchased 100 copies of my novel, for a upcoming book signing in October to be held at the head quarters of Catholic Charities, which is the head quarters of a homeless shelter, inwhich I have resided in since October 5th of last year. On the website of Barnes and Noble it clearly people who purchased my book also purchased or viewed several other books. The books which were purchased by several friends I can obtain. The only sales statement I recieved from publishamerica, was for an upcoming novel that hasn't been released titled A silent killer within, the statement exemplified there were no sales for said book during recent royalty period, which one would expect for a book that hasn't been released. They refuse to answer any of my emails, they won't allow from the royalty department to address me by phone. What they are getting away with is ludicrous. They must the city of Fredrick Maryland under their thumbnails. Something has got to be done! I feel so betrayed!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/16/2011 11:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/publishamerica/Fredrick-Maryland-/publishamerica-did-not-send-me-anything-regarding-sales-of-novel-Fredrick-Maryland-777604. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on publishamerica