Complaint Review: Publisher's Clearing House

• Submitted: Fri, August 22, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, August 22, 2008

• Reported By:bath Maine
Publisher's Clearing House
1106E. 37th Ave, Suite 400 New York, New York U.S.A.

Publisher's Clearing House - Readers Digest - Computer Games Sweepstakes Fraud , Rip Off , Received check for $5,190.00 for applicable processing fees. New York New York

Yesterday I received a letter in the mail (no post mark , just a stamp with a yellow flower and "canada" ). This letter contained a check for $5,190.00. Normally I would just throw it in the trash , but it is has all of the security marks in place and looks ligit. It says that after numerous attempts to contact me by phone had failed( these kinds of people are why I don't answer my phone ! ). They sent me a letter instead dated August 15th. The letter states that I have won $675,000.00 USD. States that all participent's were selected through a computer ballot system drawn from Readers Digest , mail in ballot forms , internet submissions , Publishers Clearing House,computer games sweepstakes database which are from USA and canada. It further reads that prize money must be claimed by Sept. 1st 2008. That I must call my North American Claims Agent ( Mr. William Bryer at 1-888-524-1187 ext.1 ) for further instructions before depositing into my account. I have researched online and the company this check is drawn on and the bank are legitimate places of buisness. Although when I called the bank they were not helpfull at all. This letter sounds to be the same as the others here have received. Names and phone numbers are different , but definitly the same scam.

Kvjod5
bath, Maine

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2008 12:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Publishers-Clearing-House/New-York-New-York-10030/Publishers-Clearing-House-Readers-Digest-Computer-Games-Sweepstakes-Fraud-Rip-Off--365808. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Publisher's Clearing House