Complaint Review: Publisher's Clearing House

• Submitted: Wed, September 10, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, September 10, 2008

• Reported By:Richmond Virginia
Publisher's Clearing House
1106E. 37th Ave. New York, New York U.S.A.

Publisher's Clearing House They sent a letter saying I had won unclaimed prize money, with a check for $4317 . I called the number and gave my claim number. He said I won $650000 and he would avtivate the check and I could deposit it and then withdraw the money to pay fees. New York New York

Saturday September 6 2008 I recieved a letter with no return address with a Canadian stamp on it. It was regarding award claim final notification. I was the lucky winner of unclaimed prize money. It contained a check for $4317 check number123455. I called the number for the North American claims agent Charles Scott. He wasn't in so I talked to his assistant, James Hedley. He said I had won $650000. I told him I did not enter the contest. He said I may have responded to a survey online. He said the check was to cover fees. He was going to activate the check and I was to deposit it and then take the money out. In two days I would get the rest of the money. I went online to ripoff report and saw that a woman in Ohio had gotten the same letter. Less than two hours later I got a call from Charles Scott, he was back in the office. I told him about the ripoff report and that I was waiting for my lawyer to return my call. He said I should call the IRS at the number that was on my letter, 514-559-7328. The recorded message there said there was no more room for recorded messages.

Gwendolyn
Richmond, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2008 01:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Publishers-Clearing-House/New-York-New-York-10030/Publishers-Clearing-House-They-sent-a-letter-saying-I-had-won-unclaimed-prize-money-with-371682. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Publisher's Clearing House