Complaint Review: Publishers Clearing House

• Updated: Wed, January 30, 2013

• Reported By: Shay M. — Cincinnati Ohio United States of America
Publishers Clearing House
1253 Entry Order Processing Center Syosset, New York United States of America

Publishers Clearing House tells you that you do not have to purchase anything to enter their sweepstakes, but, online rules seem different. Syosset, New York

Tuesday, January 29,2013 I decided to go online to enter the Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes.   Usually I would send my entries by mail but in order to send my entry faster, I attempted to submit mine online. Publishers Clearing House always says you can enter as often as you like and there is no purchase necessary.

I submitted my entry successfully, and was directed to continue onward, which I did. the page opened up to some items, a sack of gold, two crossed swords, etc.. Each had a target next to them and I was to choose one of these items and click on it's target. When I did , immediately pops up is a sign saying I've won a 25% off discount on a purchase.  Great! No problem!

I browsed through to see if they had something I might be interested in and found nothing in particular that I wanted to buy, so I attempted to leave the page. I was interrupted by a "Pop-up" asking me do I really want to leave the page, that if I click to leave the page I will forfeit my entry. So I clicked to stay on the page. When I did that, the page went blank.

I made a second attempt to leave and the "Pop-up" came up again! After seeing nothing but a blank page again I tried to leave the site and the same message popped up but this time I opted to click the "leave the page" option, therefore forfeiting my entry for a chance to win $5000.00 a week forever!  Publishers Clearing House, tell the truth! In order for an individual to have a successful entry into your sweepstakes they do have to purchase something, if not, their entry is forfeited!! Not Good!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2013 02:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Publishers-Clearing-House/Syosset-New-York-11773/Publishers-Clearing-House-tells-you-that-you-do-not-have-to-purchase-anything-to-enter-th-1006239. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Publishers Clearing House