- Report: #191235
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Pulte Homes
Pulte Homespulte.com Nashville, Tennessee U.S.A.
Pulte Homes ripoff Nashville Tennessee
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Re: Creekside Condos of Brentwood
1. Management tried to force me to close early on the home to make their corporate MONTHLY QUOTA when it was clearly obvious home wouldn't be finished on time. Even the sales associate acknowledged that the home wouldn't be finished on time. When it came time for the inspection, which occured AFTER their proposed date of closing (they were sticking to this date as late as a week prior to proposed closing date), inspection couldn't even be completed because the home wasn't finished, despite reassurances from them that home was complete. Why am I wasting my money on an inspection when it can't even be completed? RED FLAG
2. Management told my Real Estate agent I was not allowed to hire an independent inspector even AFTER we had both signed an agreement acknowledging the right to an inspection. This is either at best incompetence on the part of management or manipulation and blatant disregard for the law. RED FLAG.
3. Management tried to persuade me that independent home inspection was not necessary as they do one themselves. Ha Ha. Independent inspection found numerous serious problems. RED FLAG.
4. First independent inspection couldn't be completed in entirity because home wasn't complete despite their reassurance that home was complete. RED FLAG
5. Holes in bath tub and shower. RED FLAG
6. A/C leak - still not fixed after reporting to Pulte Homes 3 times. They blamed it on the weather. RED FLAG
7. An example of "Bait and switch" - garage dust lip 1 1/2 inch high at 90 degree angle which causes damage to your tires. In model home, dust lip is rounded. Now why would you want to make this change - clearly not an improvement in design - if not because it's cheaper to produce or to hire a subcontractor to do. There are numerous other examples of changes to original design for which the sole purpose is to produce it more cheaply. RED FLAG
8. There are too many other defects to mention, including electrical switches not working, lightbulbs missing, surface damage to shower and tub which potentially could corrode and leak, windows not working, major cracks in foundation which potentially could leak water, termites, or radon, and problems with doors working properly. RED FLAG
9. Problems pointed out to Pulte Homes not corrected, even after multiple reports despite their reassurances that they have been "addressed." RED FLAG
10. Management tried to force me to close without producing valid "Certificate of Occupancy," required by law to obtain title. Again, this is either incompetence or blatant disregard for the law. RED FLAG
Basically Pulte Homes is a company that has no regard for customer satisfaction, despite their hypocritical statements to the contrary. There are far too many people doing too few things at the company, creating miscommunication and lack of accountability. And management is incompetent with lack of understanding (or disregard) of Real Estate law and ability to relate to the customer.
NEVER BUY A HOME FROM PULTE
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/12/2006 11:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pulte-Homes/Nashville-Tennessee-37211/Pulte-Homes-ripoff-Nashville-Tennessee-191235. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.