Complaint Review: Puppies To Go Inc

• Updated: Wed, September 18, 2013

• Reported By: Anajulique R. — Miami Florida
Puppies To Go Inc
13882 SW88 ST Miami, FL 33186 Miami, Florida USA

Puppies To Go Inc Johnny Bayona 8690 SW 137 Ave.Kendall, FL 33183 http://davidquiroga.com/puppiestogo/store (305) 40 Sold A Fatally Sick Siberian Husky Pup Disguised As Healthy Pet Fit For Adoption. They Don't Honor Their Contracts! Bad Business Miami Florida

I purchased my first family puppy from Puppies To Go Inc at their new store in Kendall on August 23, 2013. Owner Johnny signed our contract assuring me that my pet was healthy for sale dispite her cough and even offered items us within the store for her care at a discounted rate. I decided to purchase the items for her care at the neighboring Pet Smart. After discussing her care I discovered that our local neighborhood vet hospital contracted with him for his animals sold, so to honor the contract of ther vet follow up within 3 days of purchase, we took her in on the next business day considering the time of purchase was around closing hours.

On the Monday that followed I brought our new Siberian Husky pup to the vet for her check up and have her cough followed up. The visit was covered by the store and the owner notified of her condition. I purchased the various antibiotics, vitamins, and cough medication from the vet due to the condition she was in. The vet said our puppy Nakita was sick with what seemed like "kennal cough", "anemia" and that she had intestinal worms and a fever. After leaving the vet the next days Nakita had a severe eye infection due to her sickness. She had green boogers on her nose and weeping eyes.

We followed up at the same vet hospital for her care and follow up and I paid for her anibiotics, ointments, solutions, vitamins for her anemia, and antibiotic eye care. She still had her cough, green boogers dripping from her nose, and weeping eyes, but she was sleeping more. The vet hospital again notified the store of Nakita and her conditions.

Upon taking Nakita in on her follow up visit her eye was better but it has progressed to her other eye and she required more medical care for her weight loss, fever and green boogers issue, and diarhea, and now a follow up because she was not interested in eating. She was given injections and more antibiotics.

After purchasing soft foods to entice her to eat she began to show some progress but not for too long with her eating. After I left work early morning 9/10/2013 I had to rush Nakita into the local emergency room. I was told to either pay Miami Pet Emergency the high dollar amount they required for her care or else be forced to wait for the regular vet to open and bring her in  hours later. I applied for instant credit to cover the emergency costs for the dog but was not approved. I paid for what services my money could cover due to none of the businesses being open at 12 am.

This was the last time I was able to hold her in my arms. Upon day break I took her into the local vet hospital as soon as their doors opened and begged them to keep her alive and heal her. The people at Kendall Drive Animal Hospital took her and kept her there and did their very best to save her but she was just too sick. They again notified Puppies To Go Inc and its owner of her condition.

I called every day or had my family call to know of her condition. She progressed for the worse so we made arrangements to go see her. On Sept 13, we went in to visit her only to discover that she had passed in the early hours prior to daybreak and that they had already notified Puppies To Go Inc of her conditions and cause of demise. I walked into Puppies To Go Inc to see what they were going to do about her death and was told by the young man running the store that the owner was not around due to being at the location on 8 St and 71St Ave but that they would replace my puppy and cover the cost for her cremation and vet bills. (7135 SW 8 St. Miami FL 33144). I called the store and was told that the owner was on his way and would be there in 20 minutes so I drove all the way up to his store. Upon arrival the man running the store informed me that my puppy would be replaced and he was sure the owner would cover the cremation of my pet but he wasn't so sure about the vet bills. I took a peek at the animals in the front cages off to the side of the front of the store and they seemed fine but noticed in the corner of my left eye there were dogs hidden in the back. Upon viewing the animals in the back of this store it became apparent how they were treated prior to moving up to the front of the store. The man was busy calling the owner and told him of my situation and the owner stated he was on his way to meet us. The owner never arrived but a woman suddenly realized that I was in the back astonished by the image I was absorbing of the dark conditions the other animals were contained in. I was told by the man in the store to meet up with the owner on Tuesday Sept 17,2013. I left feeling aweful for my loss and aweful for the dogs in the back of the store and prior to leaving told the man in the store to find and import a new dog that was similar to mine and notify me of her arrival for prompt pick up. I also requested for the pedigree papers to be provided in advance with her since Mr. Bayona failed to provide me with them upon providing me the first papers for Nakita at purchase eventhough requested.

Today I met up with the owner who identified himself as Johnny Bayona and gave me his cellphone number to discuss the terms of my recently purchased puppies death. Johnny stated to me that eventhough I followed the guidelines of our agreement that as far as he was concerned, he wasn't notified of Nakita's condition at all eventhough he was in contact several times with the Kendall Drive Animal Hospital workers concerning her visits and progressing condition, and was informed clearly of her death on the day she died. He stated this conflict of information all in one breath. He said that he would need to speak with his people about what to do regarding Nakita and that I needed to produce proof that she died. I allowed him to take photocopies of the vet bills including one of the final bills surrounding her death, yet he still requested a medical report proving she was dead.

What Mr. Bayona failed to know was that I was with the Animal Hospital some of the times when they called him and notified him and had a witness with me. My heart is devastated in Nakita's loss and the final emergency vet bills are yet to be paid off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/17/2013 10:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Puppies-To-Go-Inc/Miami-Florida-33144/Puppies-To-Go-Inc-Johnny-Bayona-8690-SW-137-AveKendall-FL-33183-httpdavidquirogaco-1085374. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Puppies To Go Inc