Complaint Review: Pure Air Systems

• Updated: Sat, October 12, 2013

• Reported By: cheated — Port Jefferson New York
Pure Air Systems
93 West Neck Road Huntington Village, New York USA

Pure Air Systems Authorized Humidex Dealer misrepresented full return policy; ignored contact attemps; refused mail; cheated me out of $400.00 Huntington Village New York

I had a problem with a damp basement.  this was to be an income generating property.  Pure air Systems was recommended.  They assured me their product would make a significant difference, and came with a 1 yr. full money back guarantee.  It did not make any difference at all, so I tried to return it.  They recommended I continuemto use it through all 4 seasons,as I still had plenty of time to return it.  When I began calling them to arrange return, they ingnored me.  After numerous attempts, i threatened to appear in person.  they responded, and informed me that I was responsible for shipping at a cost of $135.00.  I offered to personally deliver it, but was told they do not accept any deliveries.  I had paid $1200.00 for their machine, and was expecting at least $1000.00 in refunds.

I believe that when a company offers a 1 yr trial, a reasonable amount of wear and tear is expected.  There was a small ding which I expected a small deduction for.  I received a check in the amount of $499.00.  Their explanation was as follows:

$1200.00 less Installation fee

Less Restocking Fee

Less damages

They withheld $700.00.  This is a very far cry from a "Full Money Back Guarantee".  They refuse to accept any mail from me, or take my calls.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/12/2013 12:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pure-Air-Systems/Huntington-Village-New-York-11777/Pure-Air-Systems-Authorized-Humidex-Dealer-misrepresented-full-return-policy-ignored-con-1091505. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pure Air Systems