Complaint Review: Pure Fitness For Women

Pure Fitness For Women Unprofessional, Not empathetic Pittsburgh Pennsylvania

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Contract terms fine print

*Author of original report: Contract Fine Print

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Pure Fitness For Women

When I joined this gym I bought a 3 month package. The gym policy is if you join at the end they waive your enrollment fee. I chose to join. I then became I'll with an ear infection that caused vertigo. The vertigo last about a month and half. I contacted the owner and asked to put my account on hold and she agreed for a month. When the payment was due it was declined because I had lost my debit card. The gym owner contacted me and I responded immediately with the new number. The following month my father who has health problems and lives in assisted living had to have emergency surgery and was in the hospital. My employer asked me to over see two stores. One is in ohio. My family is there. I decided to move temporarily until the temp store position was filled. This also enabled me to help take care of my father. He is terminal at this point. During all of this I drive away leaving my debit card in the ATM machine. The machine sucked the card in and destroyed it. I then received an email from the gym owner that stated my account was late and I would be turned into collections. I emailed back that I would like to cancel my account because i moved and had never been to the gym under the new contract. I then received a snarky email telling me that no business can operate under that condition and no gym will let you out of a contract for "not going." She stated that I could pay thatast due amount and "maybe" she would consider it payment in full. I cannot believe under the circumstances they will not forgive this. im not paying for a service I cannot physically use. I am staying 46 miles away. I would ask them to hold my account but now I do not feel comfortable going back. The owner purchased the gym from a previous tenant who relocated. When I joined they spoke badly about them. They said they were bad owners, they were nicer at the new job, and the new location was bad. i have every reason to believe they would and have spoken the same way about me so I have no desire to go back. I'm so disappointed and upset that I cannot go back and that this is on my credit report. They have no idea how to run a business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2014 05:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pure-Fitness-For-Women/Pittsburgh-Pennsylvania-15229/Pure-Fitness-For-Women-Unprofessional-Not-empathetic-Pittsburgh-Pennsylvania-1113409. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pure Fitness For Women

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Contract terms fine print

AUTHOR: Kim - ()

Yes indeed the contract fine print does state those terms, however member never notified me as the owner she was relocating temporarily. She was 2 months delinquent by the time she issued a response to the second email in December. And the reason given at that time was not that she relocated temporarily, but that she didn't use her membership and simply wished to cancel! Again, her complaint with the Better Business Bureau was dismissed with the finding that I made a good faith effort to resolve this in the best interest of both parties. Unfortunately, a more formal action is now forthcoming.

Contract Fine Print

AUTHOR: anonymous - ()

I was able to locate my contract and the fine print states that if a customer moves 25 miles away and cannot transfer to a location within 5 miles they can cancel their contract.  When I asked this I was told that no business would do this.  They couldn't survive.  You should not put that in your contract if you are not going to honor it.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Pure Fitness For Women

AUTHOR: Kim - ()

This anonymous reviewer recently filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, which was dismissed based on my good faith effort to resolve her delinquent account. All the details of her complaint, my response, and the BBB's ruling in my favor can be found on their website by searching for Pure Fitness For Women - please choose the Pennsylvania entity.