Complaint Review: PURRFECT AUTO SERVICE #48

• Submitted: Tue, November 14, 2000
  • Updated: Tue, November 14, 2000

• Reported By:
PURRFECT AUTO SERVICE #48
20751 Bake Parkway Lake Forest, California U.S.A.

PURRFECT AUTO SERVICE #48 says Check is in the mail .. what a bunch of bull!

On July 28, 2000 I took my car to Purrfect Auto Service #48 located in Lake Forest, CA. I needed a smog check on my car. I chose to stay while the mechanic was doing the test. I saw him manipulating the equipment and I refused to pay for it.

I was coerced into paying just to receive my car. No retest was suggested and I was told that if I took my car to another repair shop and the car passed I would be reimbursed. The very next morning I took my car to another facility and after it passed I went back to get my refund.

The obnoxious representative made fun of me and said that he will not give me my money back since I could have fixed the car since last night. Later I did some research and discovered that since 1996 the California's Bureau of Automotive Repairs has caught 15 Purrfect Auto Service shops selling unnecessary repairs during an undercover investigation. Ten of the shops had their state licenses permanently revoked. #48 probably felt that I would be an easy, profitable target for additional services and when he saw that I did not appreciate being taken for a ride he treated me like a second class citizen.

I felt ripped off and outraged because instead of admitting the obvious and apologize he called the police and made me pay. Since the police could not help me I reported them to the Consumer Affairs.

Although the BAR could not help me with this matter fully, the representative did urged them to return my money but the Check is still in the mail and he is playing with the Bureau as he played with me. I guess every penny counts, no matter how these people get it.

Averham
Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PURRFECT-AUTO-SERVICE-48/Lake-Forest-California-92630/PURRFECT-AUTO-SERVICE-48-says-Check-is-in-the-mail-what-a-bunch-of-bull-3845. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PURRFECT AUTO SERVICE #48