Complaint Review: Quality Paperback Book Club

• Updated: Mon, January 13, 2014

• Reported By: karenc44 — Perry Georgia
Quality Paperback Book Club
Internet, Select State/Province USA

Quality Paperback Book Club Once you're in, they won't let you go! Internet Nationwide

I'm an English teacher.  I love books.  So, this was a great opportunity to purchase some books at a great price.  I did just that.  Immediately after I fulfilled my purchase commitment, I called and requested to be removed from membership.  I was told that my request was confirmed.  The next month, I received another notification about book choices.  This time, I emailed my request to be removed.  The response was that my request was confirmed (February 2013).

Several months later, I received another "choose your book" notice.  Again, I emailed that my membership was no longer active.  This was, again, confirmed (May 2013).  Then, in November 2013, I received a bill for $130, complete with late fees for books I NEVER ORDERED and that were "sent" six months after my original (February) written "delete me" request.

What a headache.  I will pay them to make them go away---I'm pretty sure it's the only way.  However, I want the world to know to STEER CLEAR, as you can clearly never escape this "club."

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2014 09:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Quality-Paperback-Book-Club/Internet-Select-StateProvince-Internet/Quality-Paperback-Book-Club-Once-youre-in-they-wont-let-you-go-Internet-Nationwide-1115099. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Quality Paperback Book Club