Complaint Review: Quantum Fitness

• Updated: Mon, October 21, 2013

• Reported By: Anonymous — Evans Georgia
Quantum Fitness
4408 Evans to Locks Rd Evans, Georgia USA

Quantum Fitness Quantum Fitness AcademyQuantum Fitness Academy LLC Hard Sell, Did not show me a contract until after signing me up, Refused to cancel Evans Georgia

I signed up one evening.  I showed up the next night to do something called "On Boarding"  I was exhausted and hurting that night.  I continued to hurt for one full week, because it was so hard. I medicated on hot baths, Tiger Balm, Ice and Advil daily for the next six days. I am over 50 and miscalculated what I would be able to do.  This was not to be for me.

I was not shown a contract when I signed up, rather I was sitting in such a way that I could only answer questions while the sales person filled in the contract on the computer.  I didn't get a contract until I specifically requested one and then it was printed for me.  I should have known better.  But I thought I could do this new craze called cross fit.  The program works assuming you can breath and move.

I was out of town and missed the cancellation deadline by two days.  Now I can only cancel if "I am dead, permanently disabled or relocate"  This place is nice, but lacks scruples.  They are like a trap.  Chip - the General Manager, won't even take calls, he makes others do this.

I feel I was manipulated and they being in the health and fitness business should have said something like, you better get into so shape first, this is for experts or very healthy athletes.  The contract signing prcess seemed benign, but it is designed to make it seem like a questionaire vs a contract, both disarming and borderline dishonest.

Then I can only die, move or become disabled to get out of a contract they know I dont want and missed the legal deadline to terminate by just two days?  Seriously?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/21/2013 10:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Quantum-Fitness/Evans-Georgia-30809/Quantum-Fitness-Quantum-Fitness-AcademyQuantum-Fitness-Academy-LLC-Hard-Sell-Did-not-sho-1093433. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Quantum Fitness