- Report: #682081
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Queen City Emporium
Queen City Emporium200 E. Commercial Street Springfield, Missouri United States of America
Queen City Emporium - A Consignment Shop That Scams Etsy Sellers Springfield, Missouri
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Queen City Emporium contacted my girlfriend through Etsy to see if she wanted to sell some of her merchandise in their consignment store. My girlfriend did some research, the store seemed legitimate and she sent $800 worth of clothing to the store to sell. After about 4 months she decided to pull her items out of this boutique and move them into a higher volume location. She has called and emailed this store on several occasions over a period of 2 months and they refuse to return her items.
After being frustrated with this, I created a thread in Etsy forums to see what others have experienced with this shop. I found that at least 7 other Etsy sellers have been scammed as well.
Here is the pattern we have found with this shop:
1) QCE never emails or calls anyone ever on their own terms. [continued below]....
2) After several months of not getting sales reports, the seller contacts QCE.
3) You are always told that you have not sold anything.
4) When the seller asks for their work back, frustrated, QCE writes back that they think your work will really do well there...as a matter of fact they just sold something earlier that day.
5) The seller insists to please have them ship it back anyway.
6) QCE finds a reason to delay sending the merchandise back, but will "get to it".
7) When the seller has contacted QCE for the 15th to 20th time, they get some weird abrupt email - "Your inventory has been packed up and has been ready to go for weeks. We have been waiting on you to pay the $x.xx shipping total we provided you with 2 weeks ago". This is in fact a lie.
Note: This is the common pattern I have heard of after corresponding with 5-6 Etsy sellers.
My girlfriend has yet to receive her merchandise back. It seems as if 10-20 Etsy sellers are in the same boat.
Queen City Emporium needs to wither return all of the Etsy sellers merchandise, or it needs to get shut down.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2011 09:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Queen-City-Emporium/Springfield-Missouri-65803/Queen-City-Emporium-A-Consignment-Shop-That-Scams-Etsy-Sellers-Springfield-Missouri-682081. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.