Complaint Review: Quest Diagnostic

• Reported By: Rick — Coral Springs Florida
Quest Diagnostic
po box 7306 hollister, Missouri USA

Quest Diagnostic Overcharging hollister Missouri

In Feb 2013 My son went to his local doctor for a physical ,blood work and a 10 panel drug test wich was needed to be attached to an application for enrolling in the police academy.  He is under my insurance and at the time never thought about the possibilties that our very good insurance would not cover everything. When we received our eob stating that the drug test was not to be covered, it showed that I had a responsability of 661.39.  I really did not think much of the figure because I thought it was one of those inflated figures where the insurance company pays pennies on the dollar. Then shortly after Quest sent me a bill for the same amount.  My complaint is that this is the same exact test that I can go to my local walkin clinics and get from 49.00 - 65.00 . The local walkin clinic that charges 49.00 even sends the test out to Quest Which means My son would have the same exact report that Quest wants to charge 661.39.  No wonder our health system is in a financial turmoil. I have made repeated phone calls and by the time I talked to a supervisor, she told me what I was stating could not be true. I then gave her the address and telephone number of the local walk in. After that I could only reach her voice mails and never get a returned call. I will request all of my futher blood work to be done by Lab Corp

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/09/2013 02:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Quest-Diagnostic/hollister-Missouri-65673/Quest-Diagnostic-Overcharging-hollister-Missouri-1057733. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Quest Diagnostic