Complaint Review: Quicken Loans

• Reported By: Matthew — Mattawan Michigan
Quicken Loans
1050 Woodward Ave Detroit, Michigan USA

Quicken Loans Unfair deposit practices Detroit Michigan

I have my mortgage with quicken loans.  They called me to refinance while I was at work.  At first I told their agent that I didn't think it was time to refinance my home.  He was persistent and I agreed for him run the numbers.  When he called back with the numbers he said he could save me $50 a month and do a loan at no cost to me.  He was not up front with me that he would be collecting a deposit.  When he asked for a deposit I asked what it would be for.  He said don't worry about it the deposit would be refunded at closing.  He did not mention that if there was a problem with the loan, the money would not be refunded.  The loan did not go through due to a lower than expected appraisal.  When they called me back and told me that they would not be able to do the loan that is when I found out that the deposit would not be refunded.  After several phone calls with Quicken loans they still refuse to refund the deposit.  They refuse to even refund half the deposits.  After all of this I looked up online reviews of this company and this is a very common theme with their deposit practices.  They never mention that you will not get the deposit back if there are any problems.  The only place where this is listed is on the paperwork that they have you e-sign.  Even when I asked the agent directly he does not mention under what circumstances that you would not get the deposit back.  Now all I am left with is a credit card with a $500 balance and an appraisal that I do not need.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2014 11:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Quicken-Loans/Detroit-Michigan-48226/Quicken-Loans-Unfair-deposit-practices-Detroit-Michigan-1131555. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Quicken Loans