Complaint Review: Quicken Loans

• Submitted: Thu, August 30, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, October 30, 2010

• Reported By:Somewhere Michigan
Quicken Loans
17187 N. Laurel Park Dr Livonia, Michigan U.S.A.

Quicken Loans This place SUCKS ripoff Livonia Michigan

*Consumer Comment: If not over this...

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Hey what about the rest of us?

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: whats up fellas

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Hey Joe

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Real Name = Danny sue's you

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I cant wait to see how all of the over achievers who have been face-fed their entire time while at Quicken survive in the real world.

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Leads

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Congrats on Your Freedom

I was fired today from Quicken Loans. While it was sudden and unexpected, i was also relieved to be out of that place. I am tired of my nazi director walking down the aisles with a pen and paper asking everyone when they are coming in on the weekend.

I am tired of working 60 hours a week and being given dirty looks when i leave prior to 10pm.

I am tired of being paid $200 per loan while others in the industry are being paid much much more.

I am tired of working next to idiots that cant add but are expected to handle someones financial situation.

I am tired of working for a director that sniffs coke up her nose and a vp that sleeps with the women he is supervising.

I will never do a loan with Quicken, nor will i let anyone i know do a loan with them. I have watched all of my friends and coworkers get fired or put on letters over the past few months. Even those who are making a good living are quitting. Please do not do a loan with Quicken. It is a bad place to work, and you ARE paying more in closing costs, and you ARE getting a higher rate. Dont believe the "top places to work". It is untrue. Dont give a deposit. Dont sign the docs.

I am glad i no longer work there. I am just sad i wasted part of my life working for a company that is so shady.

Quickensux
Somewhere, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/30/2007 01:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Quicken-Loans/Livonia-Michigan-48187/Quicken-Loans-This-place-SUCKS-ripoff-Livonia-Michigan-271377. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Quicken Loans

If not over this...

AUTHOR: Bman - (United States of America)

Please consider writing a report and posting with this government agency:

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

AUTHOR: Nomorekool-aidforme - (U.S.A.)

Here ye here ye... I think its time for a red bull slam. I need all of you to get all hyped up on some red bull so that you can all squeeze out an extra hour. I know you all have it in you...I mean, when I interviewed you, you told me that you would do whatever it took to get the job done...remember? Arent you a man/woman of your word? Do you want your family to look down upon you and see that you cannot produce 36K a year to support them? Your poor father has been working at his job for 25 years and you made more then he did in his best 2 years combined! I want to photocopy your last paystub and pass it along to all of my directors so that they can see that it is possible... I want them all to use it in their next sales meeting so that they can pass along more false hope. and I thank myself for supplying you the leads and opportunities to achieve this unobtainable goal that we can slide under the noses of people who actually have to work for every cent that they are rewarded for the impossible mission that they are forced to do to make money at Quicken Loans. Holy run on sentence just before. Sorry.

I want to let you all know that I post here because I met some really great people in my time at Quicken. I have people who I went through training with that I will always be thankful for. I cannot be too salty against the company...Unfortunately, they preached money at orientation, not friendships. It would have been the best place to work if indeed people were rewarded better...and not a ticket to the suite...CASH. Give me money, keep your stupid tickets...I would rather have the 728.50 that it so called costs for the courtside seats that you reward me with, if I get lucky to sandbag a book. Forget the perks...they cost nothing...dont we own an NBA team or something? I heard they did. The Monsters or something? They lived in Lake Erie.

I am a pretty sarcastic person. I am also smart. If this post makes zero sense to you, It's not because I am stupid or uneducated. To the people who know me, HELLO. For the people who dont, I am a pretty down to earth person who loves to be entertained.

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Burned Out - (U.S.A.)

Hey guys/girls, what about the rest of us that were not LO's? We were demanded to work the OT and had ruthless, stuck on themselves, lazy, over inflated egoed "teamleaders" (or what ever they are called now). I too left on my own because my family hated seeing me so stressed out all the time. I am at a better place that actually pays you for working and get this PAYS you OT when you CHOOSE to work it. Oh they might ask once in a while if you can work 1-5 hours of OT a week, but they don't kill you with it, and again you actually get paid for it.

Like I said in a previous post to bad the lawsuit is only for the LO's because you would have a whole bunch more people that would sign up and really out the screws to QL.

I wish you all the best in the lawsuit (I know the right will come out of it and you should all be getting a nice check).

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#5 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#6 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#7 UPDATE EX-employee responds

whats up fellas

AUTHOR: Tony Montana - (U.S.A.)

hey fellas, is it true about the coke running through the place? I hope it is... it would at least explain why mgmt are such a**holes... do they realize alimony and child support will take away half of their 'super' earnings??
I agree, they should just be honest instead of talking to us like we are 5 years old and dont really see what goes on in the real world. Maybe they actually believe their own bul*it..They can take their letters and stick them where the sun dont shine....peace out

#8 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Hey Joe

AUTHOR: Steven - (U.S.A.)

Joe, I'm Steve that worked with you (from East Park Drive). Glad that you are doing well. I also landed on my feet and had a job lined up before I got the "Opportunity Letter." I am not upset at what happened, just how it all went down. Like I said, I had a much better job lined up before I got their bs letter. I am upset for the other guys, especially those with families who were given a week or two to meet unrealistic goals in the worst mortgage market in 25 years. They were working 70+ hour weeks calling the same crap leads 5+ times per day while watching others being spoon fed. These crazy hours did not give them the opportunity to find legitimate employment. They could just be honest, like other lenders, and admit that the mortgage industry cannot support all the employees and cutbacks will need to be made. Just be honest instead of all the crap.

I had a friend who was let go from Novistar Mortgage last year. He said that when the subprime market took a dump, they were told they were going to be laid off soon. They were given 3 months pay, health insurance for 3 months and flexibility to interview for employment. I am not saying that Quicken needed to do all of that, but considering all there "do the right thing" and other meaningless ISMS, they should just try, for once, to be honest. They have no concern for the many employees they promised their loyalty to that are without work. But worst of all, they had most sign their stupid letter (most without any verbal warning) meaning that they couldn't get unemployment.
P.S. Joe, is it true that JP, the leader of the zoo is a coke sniffer?

#9 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Real Name = Danny sue's you

AUTHOR: Brian - (U.S.A.)

Now why on earth would anyone leave their real name. Check Oakland County Mich court cases and you will see that everyone that has left their real name - HAS BEEN SUED BY DANNY "SHOELIFT" GILBERT. So why would we leave our real names? So, you devils can cry in court on how we're not telling the truth when in fact we really are. We all know that my boy "Shoelift" has big cash and loves to spend it on law suits. Cc - you need to go back to your short leader Dan and tell him to pay the 462 ex-LO's back pay for OVERTIME until then WE GO NO WHERE. Also I was one of the top phone monkeys for years and I have a wall full a awards, until I needed time off. I'm fully employed. Go help Dan figure out how he can come up with $ to pay these people what he owes them. WE HAVE FAMILY, BILLS, KIDS ETC. WE NEED TO EAT JUST LIKE MR BILLIONAIR DAN "SHOELIFT" GILBERT.

ps I BET THEY WANT MY A** SO BAD THAT DAN CAN JUST TASTE IT. GUESS MY NAME? START WITH THE LIST OF ALL THE THOUSANDS WHO HATE YOU.

#10 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Nomorekool-aidforme - (U.S.A.)

Ummm...hey loser. This site, along with your cell phone, is tapped and monitored by YOUR employer. Be careful, young man, for they can and will fire you for posting here. The Guy has restricted this site and has deemed it "bad" for kool-aid and slushy slammers that still exist. My name is Joe Perry...and I will happily let ANYBODY know that I am happily employed and making money again. I am on the outside now, I am liberated. You, (Cc? Is that your birth name? What are you trying to hide? Why an alias? Does your team leader know that you are on ripoffreport.com and not on the phone while you are at home? Are you not auto'd in? Seriously man, you need to make calls...the west coast is still up. "We dont stay late, we work late". If you dont make 47 dials and pull 2 credits while at home after a 14 hour day...you are going on letter. I heard Farner told Mazey, who called Emerson who contacted Jeff Perry(PUSSY ASS STEELER FAN) who MADE A COPY OF IT and rushed it to Dan G's secretary who sucked Pat M and Kid Rock who called the Black Eyed Peas to come and perform at the GUND ARENA to let Dan know that the mortgage industry is crashing and burning? HILARIOUS!)...

Cc...There isnt a man, including yourself, who has balls at that company. I witnessed it. Everybody there is convinced that their shit dont stink. I cant wait to see how all of the over achievers who have been face-fed their entire time while at Quicken survive in the real world. Apply the ISM'S and see how far you get. LOL. LOL. I am actually cracking up right now. Most of the people in positions that they dont deserve cant and wont ever return to banking...Quicken can no longer afford to fit a headset on those GIANT heads that they all have accumulated and developed. EGO'S are rampid. Pretentious. Sorry to rant and rave...Just kinda funny to me.

If you need anymore of my contact info...feel free and just ask. I am not afraid of anybody who reads this. Muffs on...smile and dial little boy and girl. Keep on rockin in the free world.

Go Browns.

AUTHOR: Cc - (U.S.A.)

It is amazing that you all talk such trash and yet you won't leave your name? Are you afraid? LOL!!

#14 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Leads

AUTHOR: Steven - (U.S.A.)

I was fortunate to quit a few weeks back. I have talked to other people who are still stuck in the sweat shop. They say that "Opportunity Letters" are given with unrealistic goals. Then their flow of new leads stop and forwarded to the chosen ones. Of course, no incoming calls from hot prospects are forwarded to them. They are given to the chosen few also. Bottom line, when they want someone to fail, they control that, when they want someone to succeed, they control that. It is cruel and sad what they are doing to people, especially ones brought in thinking this was the anti-corporation and great place to work. Quicken is not like any other corporation. They were right. Most large corporations are cold and distant, but not nearly as shady as Gilbert and his cronies.

#15 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Brian - (U.S.A.)

Good for you now join the overtime lawsuit at NKA.COM you STILL have TIME to join. It's a great cause and we're going to hit 1000 people soon. I now the feeling of the place. I still see that nothing has changed in the old sweat shop. I also can never understand DVP & Managers doing coke in that place - it's like being backstage at a concert. And you also are right about people working as a "MORTGAGE BANKER" and they can't even add - but as long as they are able to pick up a phone and talk then they will be fine.

#16 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#17 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#18 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#19 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Congrats on Your Freedom

AUTHOR: Steven - (U.S.A.)

Congrats on your freedom. It is exactly the same in Cleveland. I got out a few weeks back. It was horrible then and from what I hear it is unbearable now. The bankers cannot interview anywhere else since they are working 70 hours.
We had a large coke abuse problem in Cleveland also. Did you notice that nobody challenges that claim? I was naive, but all the high energy directors and VP's kept that up artificially with coke.
If this company drug tested, they would lose about half of the management. I am not exagerating. Ask anyone who has worked there.