Complaint Review: QuickenLoans

• Updated: Tue, September 03, 2013

• Reported By: caramba — Breinigsville Pennsylvania
QuickenLoans
1050 Woodward Avenue Detroit, , MI USA

QuickenLoans 24 days they pulled me by the nose even do they knew from day 1 that they will deny my mortgage. Detroit Michigan

On August 6th this year my wife and me apply for a mortgage to buy a condo in which we leave already for 4 years. On the first conversation I had with Mr.Joseph Palazzolo, purchase banker, I was asked what kind of property it is, if there is any construction going on in this condo community. I said this is a condominium community, and yes, there are two houses just about to be finished and two will be when sold. This is out of 400 units. All the time after that, for 24 days QuickenLoans made me

find, prepare, scan, Esign, print more then 60 documents.
I had to explain them three times the source of my earnest money,
I was told my loan was conditionally approved,
I paid $500 deposit to QL,
already paid $20,000.00 earnest money to the buyer.
the property was appraised,
insurance policy opened,
closing day set

and then, Bingo: the loan is denied because there is still some construction going on. In the matter of truth we were asked to postpone the closing until the construction was all done. In other way we should wait until the two unsold properties were sold, constructed and finish, which could take next 6 months or more and then resume with the loan. Have you ever seen such a business practice?

Next jewel is this: even do they knew that their rules do not permit financing mortgages to properties still under construction, why they took the $500.00 deposit on the first place? Now they want to keep appraisal money and give us back only$130.00. No kidding?

And another: even after we got the note that our mortgage has been denied, other department acted like nothing's happened and sent us documents to review. Great departments coordination!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2013 11:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/QuickenLoans/-Detroit-MI-48226/QuickenLoans-24-days-they-pulled-me-by-the-nose-even-do-they-knew-from-day-1-that-they-wi-1081305. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on QuickenLoans