Complaint Review: Quinn's Jewelry Store

• Submitted: Wed, December 29, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, December 29, 2004

• Reported By:Davis Junction Illinois
Quinn's Jewelry Store
426 Lincoln Hwy Rochelle, Illinois U.S.A.
  • Phone: 815-562-2426
  • Web:
  • Category: Jewelers

Quinn's Jewelry Store ripoff OLD LADIES Quote one price to lure you in then jack it up when repairs are complete Rochelle Illinois

I took my 87 year old mothers two rings in to be looked over and to get an estimate on any repairs needed and to have the rings soldered together. Mr. Quinn called me to advise it would be almost $400 to make repairs to the settings. I told him that Mom couldn't afford that-- He then asked if I still wanted to have them soldered together. I asked how much that would be. He said around $20. I said okay, let me know when they are ready.

They called to let me know they were ready and the price was $66!! They charged $20 shipping and $46 to solder them together. My daughter had just had a bad experience with this store also. (We dropped our jewelry off at the same time) We both went in to pick up Mom's rings and inquire why it was so much more. Why hadn't we been informed about the shipping charges? Mr. Quinn's wife was looked up briefly and said, "That is what they charged..that is what it is."

I then asked to speak to Marvin since he was the one whom I had spoke with and the one who said the charge would only be around $20. Mrs. Quinn said, "He's busy."

I reluctantly paid the $66 just to be done with them.

I wonder how many people they do this to, and how many just walk away disgusted?

Karen
Davis Junction, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2004 09:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Quinns-Jewelry-Store/Rochelle-Illinois-61068/Quinns-Jewelry-Store-ripoff-OLD-LADIES-Quote-one-price-to-lure-you-in-then-jack-it-up-whe-124983. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Quinn's Jewelry Store