Complaint Review: Qwest

• Submitted: Sun, January 30, 2011
  • Updated: Sun, January 30, 2011

• Reported By: Stephen — Flagstaff Arizona U.S.A.
Qwest
Phoenix ( Internet), Arizona United States of America

Qwest Some "Nancy Clarissa" being signed to use her/his phone services using my social security number Phoenix ( Internet), Arizona

Because of my economic situation, Qwest disconnected my phone service in 2009. towards the end of last year (2010), I tried to get a phone service after having paid off my entire bill for the last phone service Qwest had offered me, only to discover that a certain "Nancy Clarissa" had assumed my identity by using my social security number. i was wondering if Qwest had my name under my social security number, couldnt they have checked to ensure that my social security number was in their data base, or even better e-verified my name and social security number with the social security adminisration. whenI told the Qwest receptionist about my problem she 9and later a he) connected me to a number that was playing rock n'roll. It seems Qwest does not take seriously identity theft. It seems it can easily sign up any street hoiopolloi with any assumed social security number, no questions asked. this is one of the myraid of problemsI have had with Qwest. At one time it signed me up with a three-way conversation that I had not requested. Then at one when the time came for a fellow apartment resident to get a phone, their repairer or whatever he is called disconnected my phone, accidentally...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2011 12:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Qwest/Phoenix-Internet-Arizona-/Qwest-Some-Nancy-Clarissa-being-signed-to-use-herhis-phone-services-using-my-social-se-688592. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Qwest