Complaint Review: RAC

RAC
1320 N Broad St New Orleans, Louisiana United States of America

RAC Rent A Center Thieves, Liars & Cheats New Orleans, Louisiana

*UPDATE Employee: Hi I work at RAC

Decided we needed a new couch - went to RAC and found one we liked. Paid almost 800 in the first 3 months. Missed a payment due to moving. RAC started up their roll.

Made payment to catch up. RAC cant find payments in computer made for first several months. Will not tell me the total amount that has been paid, nor will they verify that the remaining balance. They say their computer system will not allow them to look at payments.

Man likes to call from there and threaten to kick in my door to get couch 2 days before my payment is even due.

CSR's from there will call, hang up, call, hang up - the 6th time they do, that is when they leave a message - and start again the next day. They do this 2 days BEFORE my payment is due.

Made a payment on 11/3/2012. Employee stated that the payment amount due is 80.16. Paid this. Today again, threatening calls. Spoke to store manager who states they dont see that payment, and I better pay RIGHT NOW or they are coming to my house. This is the same manager that cannot give me a balance due, what has been paid, or how many weeks I have left on my rental.  He stated that they are excempt from normal creditor harrassment laws, and do not have to give me any information about my account.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/12/2012 10:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RAC/New-Orleans-Louisiana-/RAC-Rent-A-Center-Thieves-Liars-Cheats-New-Orleans-Louisiana-968011. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RAC

Hi I work at RAC

AUTHOR: JanaReed - (United States of America)

Im very sorry to hear about your experience at one of our stores. That is never the type of treatment that our customers should receive. Our coworkers should always treat customers with respect and it is against our policy to threaten or harass them in any way. If you feel as though you have been treated unfairly, please give us a call at 1-800-422-8186. Wed really like to talk further with you and try to fix this. Thank you.