Complaint Review: Raceway Motors

• Reported By: onlytruth — miami gardens Florida
Raceway Motors
1306 Florida 7, Davie, Florida USA

Raceway Motors tried to scam me into paying more!! STAY AWAY Davie Florida

I walked in to the dealership on a friday evening. I was met by the manager and after walking around the lot, agreed to terms on a car. Everything was smooth sailing as they collected information from my father (co-signer) and I. When it came time to print the contract, the manager struggled on the computer for over two hours. He explained that the owner was usually the one who did this.

Apparently, the owner had taken a vacation to the Keys and wouldn't be back till monday. I thought it was strange that the manager of a dealership wouldn't be able to operate his own systems. Finally, the contract was printed and we signed it. They handed me the keys and we left.

Monday rolls around and suddenly the owner is calling my dad telling him that he needs to come in right away. The car had been sold for much too cheap and the real price for the vehicle was actually $2000 more. Also, the interest rate that we had signed for was going to double. We could kiss our promised tire rotation goodbye.

My dad told him that we had already signed a contract with clear terms. The owner said that the contract we had was worthless because it had been signed by the manager and not the owner. He demanded that we agree to the new terms or he threatened to repossess the car. At this point the owner started making wild accusations of my father. He even said that my dad had represented himself as a cop and forced his staff to agree to a bad deal. All of this was complete BS.

When my dad told me about the conversation it all registered. I believe that this is a common scam for Raceway Motors. How convenient that the owner happened to be out of town when I bought my car. Why would the manager knowingly sell cars and sign bogus contracts without any authority to do so???

I wanted nothing to do with this scummy dealership at this point so I returned the keys and got my deposit back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/13/2013 10:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Raceway-Motors/Davie-Florida-33317/Raceway-Motors-tried-to-scam-me-into-paying-more-STAY-AWAY-Davie-Florida-1106745. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Raceway Motors