Complaint Review: Raceway Motors

• Updated: Sat, January 18, 2014

• Reported By: Sunrise buyer7661 — Sunrise Florida
Raceway Motors
316S S State Rd 7 Fort Lauderdale, Florida USA

Raceway Motors Chris - owner would not deliver the vehicle that I purchased 2 weeks ago, refuses to take and return my calls Fort Lauderdale Florida

I purchased a used vehicle on January 6th, when the vehicle was delivered the 2nd day we found that there were several issues with the car.  The wipers, lights, dashboard and window would not work.  I called the dealership because that day it was raining and i could not take the highway - too dangerous.

They finally picked up the vehicle, delivered a loaner and promise to have the car ready by the end of the day.  It has been two weeks.  The dealer has my $2500 deposit, he wanted to collect for the tag/registration the same day.

Each time I try to call no one would return my calls I get voice mail.  From the first day of dealing with the owner he has not called me back.  I hear once from the mechanic and I spoke with the sales guy here and there.  For the most part I am being dodged and I can't get the car.  The payment agreement has already been delivered to my home for first payment on 2/6 - which I refuse to pay for when I don't have the car.  I have left so many messages for the owner and the sales person.  I told them that they are rip-offs and crooks and I reported them to the Better Business Bureau and the Attorney General.

I am out of options, because I don't understand how they can do this and get away with it.  I feel like there is something wrong here, I just want this to go away and wished that I never walked into that dealership.  It does not take two weeks to fix a vehicle.

really pissed and frustrated

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2014 11:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Raceway-Motors/Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-33317/Raceway-Motors-Chris-owner-would-not-deliver-the-vehicle-that-I-purchased-2-weeks-ago-1116600. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Raceway Motors