Complaint Review: Raceway Motors

• Updated: Wed, June 05, 2013

• Reported By: Niiko — Tamarac Florida
Raceway Motors
1306 S. State Road 7n Ft Lauderdale, f Ft Lauderdale, Florida USA

Raceway Motors Stole My Money - DON'T BUY FROM THIS DEALER Ft Lauderdale Florida

*UPDATE Employee: We are sorry

On Wednesday May 8, 2013 Mr. Andrade told my Mother, Phyllis shaw, that he had a car that just came in for sale.  My mother was hesitant about the car but she told me about it and told me to get a mechanic to look at it first.  My Andrade text both my mother and I that I should put down a deposit and if I didn't want the car he would make sure I get my deposit back.  My mother told me not to give him any money but he insisted and showed up at my house right before I went to work.  I gave him $500 from withdrawn from my ATM and went to work.  I did not sign any documents nor did I receive a receipt.  The next morning May 9, 2013 I took a mechanic and looked at the car and he told me that the car was a piece of shit and not to buy it.  Mr. Andrade insisted that I buy something else and both the mechanic and my mother told me to get my money and leave.  I asked for my money and I was told the Owner or manager was not there to return my money and to come back the next day.  I showed up the next and I was told the money was not refundable.  I told them that i was assured by mr. Andrade that my money would be refundable if I gave him the deposit and that I was not aware of a non-refundable policy.  We have text messages from mr Andrade that the money would be refundable.  I don't understand when you can buy a car and return within 3 days and receive money back but cannot receive my moeny back in less than 24 hours when I did not sign any documents, received any receipt and was told the money was refundable by the sales person, Mr. Andrade.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2013 09:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Raceway-Motors/Ft-Lauderdale-Florida-33317/Raceway-Motors-Stole-My-Money-DONT-BUY-FROM-THIS-DEALER-Ft-Lauderdale-Florida-1056590. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Raceway Motors

We are sorry

AUTHOR: andrew - ()

Unfortunaley Michael Andrade stole this money from this customer. he is no longer employed here nor will he ever come back. After this happened we contacted his previous employer and found out he was fired from that job for stealing a customers money there as well. As you can read in the customers report Michael Andrade went to thier house and then followed them to an atm machine and got the money and gave them no reciept. Outside the dealership! We all feel very badly for what happened to this client. However if someone who works in a location calls you & wants to come to your house for a cash deposit. What BIGGER RED FLAG THAT THEY ARE STEALING YOUR MONEY IS THAT?????????? If anything like that happened at the store we would refund 100% of the money stolen!!! Michael Andrade is a known thief and still sells cars on 441 in Ft. Lauderdale!!!! Beware if you run accross him. Especailly if he want's to come to your house to pick up a cash deposit with no reciept. This was an unfortunate thing that happened and again we are very sorry. But understand that he was let go the moment this came to light & we advised the customer to call the police. Which they did not do instead they blamed us for thier mistake. Again apologies