• Report: #198139

• Submitted: Sun, June 25, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, June 25, 2006

• Reported By:c Ohio
Radio Shack Insurance
1801 S. Beach Street Fort Worth, Texas U.S.A.

Radio Shack Insurance Assurant Returns 3rd Party rip off Paid for new phone replacement and have receive 10 phones total and yet to recieve one that works Fort Worth Texas

I purchased cell phone insurance on both of my phones, I paid for the plan where I am to receive a new phone if there is a problem. I specifically asked at the time of sale if the insurance was through radio shack directly, I was told yes but found out later it is a 3rd party and Radio Shack can't assist me.

When I call the telephone number and give them my claim number the state they have to email the distribution center and wait on their responce. The brochure states 3 to 5 business days for shipping the phones however I have had to call again each time and it seems to take about 2 to 3 weeks after several calls to finally get the phone.

I am on my 7th replacement phone and my husband is on his 3rd and we are still waiting on the "new" phones to arrive because once again they are not working. In fact one phone they sent me didn't even have the battery connector, one phone the battery compartment was loose and wouldn't keep a charge, other problem have been the screens were white or black (3 phones) and we couldn't see to call in or out. One phone the end button wouldn't work, and one phone our cell phone carrier could not turn on because it was still working under someone elses telephone number/service ( Even though according to the insurance it was a new phone) Now the phones we have shut off most of the time when someone calls, and on the front of my phone the screen will not work correctly it either is blank or will continually flicker on and off.

It isn't right that the store will not back up thier insurance and make it right, what make is bad is last week the store I purchased the phones from called the insurance directly and was told I would have it in 3 to five days... A week later I am still waiting!
All I want is two phones that work correctly!

Erica
c, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2006 07:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Radio-Shack-Insurance/Fort-Worth-Texas-76105/Radio-Shack-Insurance-Assurant-Returns-3rd-Party-rip-off-Paid-for-new-phone-replacement-an-198139. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Radio Shack Insurance