Complaint Review: Radio Shack

• Updated: Wed, August 28, 2013

• Reported By: Sandra — Ft. Collins Colorado
Radio Shack
2109 S. College Av. Ft. Collins, Colorado USA

Radio Shack Sprint Communications Misrepresentation of cost and failure to provide contract Ft. Collins Colorado

In early 2005 I obtained Sprint cell phone services through Radio Shack for a monthly cost of around $40. I paid the first month plus all applicable fees. I asked for a contract for services and was advised that Sprint would mail out a contract within a few days. The Radio Shack employee told me that they only provided the phone and had no authorization for issuing contracts between Sprint and the customer.

I told the employee that I thought this was rather unorthodox and caused me to question my decision. The employee told me that he could not refund my money because it was collected for Sprint, and that I had to wait for my contract to come in the mail to find out how to request a refund from Sprint.

I never received a contract from either party, despite repeated conversations.  I did receive bills for more than $80 per month for the cell phone service. After numerous unsuccessful attempts to dispute the bill, I instructed Sprint to shut off the phone.

Now I have a judgment against me from a collection agency for almost $1000 (attorney fees included) even though I have disputed this account numerous times with all three parties. The collection agency has advised me that they don't have a copy of a contract either, but could not explain how they were able to obtain a judgment without one. I appeared at court for the judgment hearing but was told by the collection agency's attorney that there would be no appearance before a judge; just a consult with them in a room in the hall. I spoke with several others waiting in the hall at the courthouse that day and we all have had similar experieces with Radio Shack, Sprint and the collection agency.

I have been unsuccessful in filing complaints with the federal government because I have no verification to support my dispute.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2013 11:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Radio-Shack/Ft-Collins-Colorado-80525/Radio-Shack-Sprint-Communications-Misrepresentation-of-cost-and-failure-to-provide-contra-1079815. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Radio Shack