Complaint Review: Radio Shack

• Reported By: Barbara — Denair California United States of America
Radio Shack
Fulkerth Rd Turlock, California United States of America

Radio Shack Warranty scam Turlock, California

I bought a Dell laptop in February 2012. I also opted to pay $13 monthly for their warranty, which the clerk said would cover anything - including if I spilled liquid on the keyboard. I experienced many problems over the course of a year, but needed to use the computer so did not take it in right away.  By February the keyboard was inop, and also the webcam, card reader, 2 of the 3 usb ports and the mousepad.  I took the laptop in and was told no repairs would be covered because one of keys had popped off and was missing.  This apparently voided my warranty!!!!! I am furious.  First, they lied to me and said the original HP warranty was only good for three months, and would not cover everything like theirs would, second they said their warranty would cover anything, including accidental damage (of which there was none, save the popped off key), and third, they refuse to cover any repairs because of the key missing.  I called HP and found out their warranty is still good.  They shipped me a box the next day (once it was discovered a BIOS upgrade would not solve the problem) and my laptop will be returned to me in a couple weeks, repaired free of charge.  I paid Radio Shck an extra $150 for nothing!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2013 01:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Radio-Shack/Turlock-California-95382/Radio-Shack-Warranty-scam-Turlock-California-1018690. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Radio Shack