reflects

• Updated: Mon, December 05, 2011

• Reported By: Steven Cavini — Australia Australia
raider publishing

raider publishing Raided by Raider Internet

I agree entirely with the other complaints lodged about Raider Publishing on your site and my experience is very similar. I was duped by Raider's website promising advice and guidance every step of the way and to work to make my book a success. I was impressed by Salviani's claim of being an author and wanting to help other authors to publish and to get a fair slice of the returns.

Started off with very pleasant exchange of emails with Salviani but once I submitted the signed agreement and paid the money I have never heard from him again other than a bizarre email sent out to everyone stating that he was going to improve the company, with an attached questionaire seeking feedback on ways to help it improve.

I was asigned a so called PA and some time later this was changed to another PA who hadn't even read the book. Responses to my concerns were usually one line fob offs.

Specific concerns include: minimal advice, guidance or feedback; very poor communication; my request to alter the cover design slightly was not done; I was not told that the book had been released for sale on the net; I did not get to see a copy of the book before its release; the book is riddled with spelling mistakes and other errors; it took 14 months for it to be completed; the manuscript editing was poorly done; almost 6 months after the release of the book I have still not received my 20 author copies- I have been given lame excuses such as problems with the delivery company and waiting on insurance claims; and of course I have yet to receive a cent.

All this has been a very disappointing experience for a first time novelist. I'm afraid in this instance I have been one of those that are born every minute and I have kissed my hard earned good-bye. I fell for Salviani's spiel. It has done nothing for my credibility as an author has dampened my enthusiasm to write but I am giving it another go. Needless to say I will not be going with Raider next time around and I would urge anyone thinking of doing to to think very carefully and to choose a reputable publisher.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2011 09:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/raider-publishing/internet/raider-publishing-Raided-by-Raider-Internet-805427. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on raider publishing