Complaint Review: Rainbow Canyon Retreat

• Updated: Tue, October 08, 2013

• Reported By: frusratedsister — Chehalis Washington
Rainbow Canyon Retreat
17095 SR 317 Caliente, Nevada USA

Rainbow Canyon Retreat Narcanon My desperation led us to be tricked by this Scientology led treatment. Caliente Nevada

To talk about this is very painful. It has now been a few days over a year that we were duped by this Scientolgy based drug treatment program. I searched and serached and found a number to try for help for drug problems. Our family had suffered for 10 years with my Brothers addictions. At this point it had gotten bad and we were desperate.

I dialed the number, and immediatly someone was helping me. Asking me 100's of questions and they seemed so eager to help. Our lives had been turned upside down by my Brothers addiction and we thought that he could die at anytime.

They told us we had no time...we needed to act fast. That same day we met with an interventionist. He seemed so nice also. (he warned us about bad online reviews and assured us not to worry) We made a plan and executed it the next morning to the tune of $4,000. That was just for the intervention. My Brother said he would go, so we packed him up. The interventionist booked flights from Washington to Vegas. He asked my Mom to write the check for him to deliver to Rainbow Valley Ranch. This check would be $33,000. Now normally my Mom would not have the money to write a check like this, but my Dad had passed away. She spent 1/3 of the life insurance policy on a gamble.

It was scary, but we were so relieved that he was going. The first step in stitching our family back together. That night my Aunt called to tell me she had been reading some bad online reviews. It WAS Scientology! They assured they were non-religious!!!! We are Christian, but we decided non-religious would be fine. I didn't want to believe it. But I turned on the computer and started searching. I have never felt more sick to my stomach in my whole life! People were dying! People were trying to escape! We had to get him out of there immediately.

We both tried calling my Mom but got no answer. We decided to go to bed and get up early and start calling. We reached her and told her to call the bank to stop payment on the check. It was a very frantic situation.

We did get my Brother home 24 hours later but it was scary and not easy. Three days later...they took the $33,000 out of my Moms account via Routing number and checking account number. She drove to the bank and filled out paperwork. In the end, she did not lose her $33,000. I would chalk this up the the craziest, most tramatic experience I have ever been through.

It turns out that they have NO training in Drug rehabilitation. They are n it for Money, and that is what Scientology is all about.

I felt so ashamed I put my Mom through this because I called this stupid number. In April, Dateline came out with their show on Narcanon, and I felt so lucky he only had to endure one day of this place. This is a BAD BAD place! We got my Brother into another treatment in Eugene Oregon a few weeks later, and it was an amazing Center! Thank you John and Serenity Lane. I will forever be grateful:)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/08/2013 08:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rainbow-Canyon-Retreat/Caliente-Nevada-89008/Rainbow-Canyon-Retreat-Narcanon-My-desperation-led-us-to-be-tricked-by-this-Scientology-l-1090536. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rainbow Canyon Retreat