Complaint Review: Raintree Vacation Club

• Updated: Fri, May 30, 2014

• Reported By: Kevin — Aurora Colorado
Raintree Vacation Club
10000 memorial drive suite 480 Houston, Texas USA

Raintree Vacation Club This vacation club is a rogue resort that does not adhere to timeshare guidelines. I sold my timeshare and they refuse to release me from contract. I have filed a complaint with the Attorney Generals Office in Austin, Texas. Do not buy from this group as you will find yourself stuck as I am between a rock and a hard place. Houston Texas

*Consumer Comment: Raintree Vacation Club Timeshare Complaints

*Consumer Comment: How long do I have to rescind my timeshare?

*Consumer Comment: Raintree Vacation Club

*Consumer Comment: Raintree Vacation Club Scam

*Consumer Comment: Raintree Vacation Club Timeshare Scam

*Consumer Comment: Raintree Timeshare Scam

I sold this resort timeshare after they continued to raise maintenance fees. After searching months for a buyer I ended up selling to the Timeshare Group. Raintree accepted my transfer fee which they held more than nine months and then sent me a letter denying me the right to sale my timeshare. when I refused to continue paying the absurd maintenance fees that turned me over to a collection company that called me day and night. I finally contacted an attorney who advised me to send the collection company a formal letter to stop harassing me. After the calls finally stopped Raintree advised that they were refusing to allow me out of the contract and added additional fees that they said I was responsible for. I have filed a formal complaint with the Attorney General's Office in Austin Texas, PO Box 12548. 78711.

kevin

Denver, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2013 10:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Raintree-Vacation-Club/Houston-Texas-77024/Raintree-Vacation-Club-This-vacation-club-is-a-rogue-resort-that-does-not-adhere-to-times-1070553. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Raintree Vacation Club

Raintree Vacation Club Timeshare Complaints

AUTHOR: margaretsims90 - ()

How long do I have to rescind my timeshare?

AUTHOR: VickyF - ()

How long do I have to rescind my timeshare? By law, you have five business days in Mexico to cancel the contract after you have signed it. If you decide to cancel the purchase within this period, notify the developer by email and certified mail. Keep the receipt as evidence you cancelled on time. You should receive a prompt refund of all the money you have paid, without any cancelling penalties, within fifteen business days

Raintree Vacation Club

AUTHOR: Jennifer Williams - ()

Common Complaints:

• All of their clients were imposed Special Assessments on one or several occasions which, in effect, doubled their yearly maintenances fees without stating the specific reason for the additional assessment fee.
  • Raintree has increased their maintenance fees at higher rates than were outline in their contracts.

AUTHOR: SBrittany - ()

I  purchased a Raintree Timeshare membership because I have  2 more memberships, but when I went to the presentation at regina club the seller told me that they could sell my  other 2  memberships,  so I thought  that it would be an easy way to get  rid of my  other 2 timeshares and I bought a membership with raintree, the problem it ´s that the seller guaranteed me the sale of  my  other 2 memberships in 90 days.   There has been more than 120 days and my 2 timeshare haven´t sold yet as the seller told me

AUTHOR: BetzabethT - ()

I am one of the many Raintree timeshare owners who have seen maintenance fees nearly double since purchase.  We then have the unpleasant surprise of an unexpected 'special assessment fee'.  It did not make me feel special, nor did I feel like it could possibly be legal.  I would love to get out of this time share & recoup some of my investment.  For the yearly maintenance fee that I pay, I could easily book a similar vacation when I want, where I want.

Raintree Vacation Club Scam

AUTHOR: janie78j - ()

I bought a Raintree timeshare membership, paid it off, paid the first year maintenance, could not get a reservation because they were booked up, didn't go on vacation, before the end of the year, got a bill for some assessment fee (not maintanance fee). I was so ticked off that i wrote a letter to them asking them to cancel the agreement. I told them i didn't want anything further to do with them even though we were going to loose thousands of dollars. Well, they didn't cancel my contract and sent me another bill with a higher $ amount and are charging interest. I sent them another certified letter and now they sent me a letter saying they are placing me with a collection agency. I paid the membersip in full, first year maintenance, and have never used it. This company is certainly not customer oriented. They are crooks!

Raintree Vacation Club Timeshare Scam

AUTHOR: janie78j - ()

My wife and I purchased a vacation club membership with RCI/Raintree and have never been able to use it. We've called about 10 times to plan a vacation and every single time, I get the same response "We're sold out and have no space available". These were all different dates and locations. We got scammed out of a large sum of money. I am looking to file a class action lawsuit as many others have had the same experience. I just need to get a large enough group to fight these thieves! Whatever you do, DO NOT BUY anything from RCI or Raintree or their affiliates.

AUTHOR: Richard79 - ()

We purchased a membership at Raintree but we are having many problems. They told us that we have a pending bill, but we were sure that we had made all our payments on time. We called them to clarify and they told us that there are some extra payments that are established in our contract and we are obligated to make because we signed a contract with them.  They tried to explain to us what the extra payments are for, but they seem illogical.  We will not go down without a fight. We are working now with Mexican Timeshare Solutions, we are also looking into PROFECO and will continue to haunt them