Complaint Review: ram fence

• Updated: Fri, December 14, 2012

• Reported By: lynn smith — cartersville Georgia United States of America
ram fence
515 south union street byron, Ohio United States of America

ram fence ramm fencing Ram fence sold me an inferior horse stall gate which is dangerous to use for livestock has can cause physical harm byron, Ohio

*UPDATE Employee: Response to Complaint

I purchased 4 welded steel gates from Ramm which are known as "Finish Line full swing gates" for my horse stalls in my barn.  I had used them only a few months before i started having problems.  Both of my problems would cause animal safety issues. severe wounding and possible mortal wounding.  The reason is that the product is inferior with inferior steel strength as a result of inferior welds of the joints. The gates will not stand up to the regular wear and tear that it receives from a horse's normal actions.  The bars of the gate break loose from the weld upon being pawed or kicked and the horse can get cut and possibly fatally wounded from the bear steel opening that is created when these steel bars bend and the welds break. I asked them to refund my money, repair the gates so that they would be safe or let me exchange for a safer gate that they sold.  They would not stand up for their product at all.  I was a great customer spending thousands of dollars through the years with them.  Obviously repeat business or reputation is not important to Ramm Fencing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2010 07:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ram-fence/byron-Ohio-43506/ram-fence-ramm-fencing-Ram-fence-sold-me-an-inferior-horse-stall-gate-which-is-dangerous-t-550082. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ram fence

Response to Complaint

AUTHOR: Sarah Kate - (United States of America)

Hello Lynn,

I am so happy to have found this report, even though it shows it was posted in January of 2010 from an Arizona IP- yet you list your location as Georgia.

I work with Ramm Fence and we do care about our customers! Very much so. I have searched our databases of customers and of sales, for your name and was unable to locate your order information-nationwide, as a matter of fact I even specifically checked both Georgia customers and Arizona customers- without success.

I also see, that you are referring to our Bryant location- which we haven't been located at since beginning of 2008- and your report is filed 2010. Would you please clarify a few things so we can assist you with this?
1. What state did you purchase from?
2.What approximate date did you purchase these items?
3. Was there another name on the account that we can track and see what went wrong?
4. Have you contacted us more recently in regards to this situation?
5. If you purchased from Bryant Ohio plant, that we were no longer conducting business from- I would like to see who/ what company occupies that location now, maybe we can direct you to the proper organization- because in 2008 we left that area.

We are happy to have the opportunity to assist you, but our records aren't showing this transaction ( I went all the way back to 2005). Thank you so much for the opportunity, and we look forward to seeing how we can assist you with this.