Complaint Review: Ramsey Infiniti

• Updated: Wed, December 07, 2011

• Reported By: Don M — Newfoundland New Jersey United States of America
Ramsey Infiniti
535 Route 17 South Ramsey, New Jersey United States of America

Ramsey Infiniti Frank's Auto Body Hillburn NY Vandalism to car while having body work performed. Ramsey Infiniti sends body work outside. Don't expect Ramsey to stand behind you when there is trouble Ramsey, New Jersey

Hit a deer with new Infiniti FX35 and bought the car back to Ramsey Infiniti to get repaired.  I drove 35 miles to get the car there. Ramsey did a service on my car before sending it to be repaired.  Ramsey Infiniti does not do body work and sends to car to Frank's Auto Body in Hillburn NY. I dropped car on October 17, 2011.  Two days later I had a call from my insurance company stating that Frank's would not allow their adjuster to look at my car.  I called Ramsey Infiniti that morning and spoke to Billy.  He promised to get back to me but never did.  I called Ramsey Infiniti later in the day and spoke to the manager, Jeff and informed him that I would be taking my car to anoother body shop because Franks would not allow my insurance adjusted to see the car and was wasting time as my car would not be approved for repair without the adjuster viewing the car. [continued below]....
.....  The next day my tow truck arrived at Frank's to pick up my car.  Frank's would not release my car.  Frank's was demanding $500 for work done plus $300 for towing. I had to call Jeff at Ramsey Infiniti and he had to drive to Franks to get my car released. Frank's did bill $300 to have my car towed from Ramsey to Hillburn, a very short tow. My car was already taken apart.  After wasting another day with this nonsense, the new body shop called and said the car was not running.  A wire was cut and neatly put back in the harness.  Thats right, my car was vandalized.  The new body shop spent 6 hours checking for the cut wire.  We took pictures and the car was repaired.  Once completed, another wire was found cut for the tire pressure sensor.  It was also cleanly cut and tucked back into the wire harness so it was difficult to find.  Many more hours were wasted.  I informed Ramsey of everything.  Ramsey Infiniti did nothing.  They told me there are two sides to every story.  What am I missing here?  Ramsey Infiniti serviced the car before it went to Franks.  Either Ramsey Infiniti or Franks vandalized my car.  Ramsey refuses to look into this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2011 01:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ramsey-Infiniti/Ramsey-New-Jersey-07446/Ramsey-Infiniti-Franks-Auto-Body-Hillburn-NY-Vandalism-to-car-while-having-body-work-perf-806213. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ramsey Infiniti